Why is this beep on my phone I haven't heard before?

A1rabbit

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
This morning my phone beeped with a beep I haven't heard before,

This morning my phone (Samsung galaxy s4) beeped with a beep I haven't heard before. I looked at it to find it saying '____ Dock' or "Dock ____' (can't remember other word or which way around' It also had the clock symbol from the app for stop watch, timer, alarm. I tried looking at the current open apps but it would not let me look, kept shutting on me as soon as I clicked it. I restarted my phone and it happened again. I turned my phone off 3x to have it turn on by itself a minute later. I put it on charge and it kept flicking on off on off on off... to it charging. (Charger is fine as tried on another phone and all good). it was at approx 50% battery then I shut it off to have it turn itself on again a minute later and it having 18% battery. Please help, is the plug where you put charger in broken or is there a bigger problem than that?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.☺

I'm not familiar with Sammies but it sounds to me as if you have a failing battery. I don't know about the 'Dock' business but failing batteries can cause unexpected effects. You may care to remove the back cover and take a look...if the battery is bulging, that's a sure sign of failure; remove it from the phone. But even if it looks normal it may still be bad.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie