Can I get some help using the Helium app to copy apps/data from Note to Tab S?

pjtwyman

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Problems with Helium app - copying apps/data from Note to Tab S

I am having problems transferring my apps/data from my old Note to my new Tab S. I have the Helium app installed on all devices including the Macbook. The Note backed up the apps/data but to its own internal storage,not to the laptop. I only realised this when I connected my Tab to the laptop (with Helium enabled on both) and nothing happened.

I understand this is probably due to me agreeing to backup to "internal storage" but I assumed this referred to the ultimate destination device (Tab S). I was under the impression that the Note would backup my data to the laptop and then I could restore to the new Tab.

This is was all done using USB cable (with debug mode as requested). The Cloud or syncing via wifi would only add another layer of confusion.

I would appreciate suggestions.

Another point - I cant reinstall the apps from Playstore on the Tab as although I am signed in to Google the Tab's MyApps is empty.??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems with Helium app - copying apps/data from Note to Tab S

If MyApps is empty, the tab is on a different Google account (not gmail - Google) than the old Note. Put it on the same Google account and you'll see the apps.

Helium backs up to a folder named carbon. Copy that folder from the Note to the Macbook, then from the Macbook to the Tab, either to internal storage or to an SD card if you have one in the tab. Then run Helium and it choose the restore source and it should restore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781