03-13-2017 07:01 AM
629 ... 1011121314 ...
tools Reply
    When I click to uninstall the Google app updates, it brings a message asking if I want to replace it with the factory version. Do I or don't I? Is unistalling the Google app updates going to affect using Google on any way on my phone (or affect anything else on my phone). Thanks.
    01-25-2017 05:07 AM
    Simply uninstalled the Google App update and worked straight away without even rebooting the phone (Galaxy S4 mini)
    01-25-2017 05:12 AM
    Did you get the option to replace with factory version?
    01-25-2017 05:17 AM
    THX for the help you are a life saver
    01-25-2017 05:50 AM
    How can I fix the"com.android.systemui
    01-25-2017 07:05 AM
    I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.
    This worked for me tnx......
    01-25-2017 07:16 AM
    Nil
    I *nearly* did a "backup everything, full wipe firmware reload..." effort... THEN found the answer on this forum!!! Uninstalling the Google search update fixed the issue for me! #galaxynote3 #backinmyhappyplace
    01-25-2017 07:20 AM
    When I uninstalled the updates it just updated again later. You have to disable the app, once doing so then your phone will once again be yours! Thank you to whoever sorted this out! (if only 25 mins earlier so the lady love hadn't selected Maleficient to watch while I sorted out my issues... ugh)
    You dont need to disable or uninstall the app. Just make sure you have automatic updates turned off , and then your apps wont update until you manually choose to
    01-25-2017 08:14 AM
    I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox ), this update broke my home button.

This worked fir me toooo. Thanks!
    01-25-2017 09:25 AM
    Yup, Uninstall Updates (best done via Settings > Applications > Google App > tap to open) resolves this - you don't need to (or can you even?) fully uninstall Google App. Back to earlier or factory version will be fine.

But don't forget to then go to the Google App info page in Play Store, click on the three dots (upper right corner) and disable auto-update. Otherwise it'll reinstall itself and the problem will return. No telling if Samsung or Google is, ultimately, responsible for this (is it happening on all Android devices?), so no real way we'll know if it's fixed in later builds...?
    01-25-2017 09:40 AM
    I have no idea how to Uninstall that update that has my phone messed up. Help
    01-25-2017 09:57 AM
    Thank you!Thank you! Thank you! This was driving me crazy.......not to mention draining my data , because I couldn't close my apps.
    01-25-2017 10:01 AM
    Go to your play store. Search for google quick search app. It will bring up a list and the one you have will say installed. Click on this and it will give you the option of uninstall.
    01-25-2017 10:08 AM
    Thanks for all the help!! DONE!! HAPPY again!!!
    01-25-2017 10:42 AM
    Had the same problem since 1/21
    I uninstalled the google app and everything went right back to normal!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-25-2017 11:14 AM
    Followed the steps to uninstall Google's latest update and it fixed my S3!
    Thank You!
    Thank You!
    Thank You All!
    01-25-2017 11:49 AM
    I had the same problem with my G3 beginning 1/20/17. Rather than uninstall the entire google quicksearch app (multicolored G icon) I just uninstalled the updates, restoring the original app (blue g icon) It seems to have fixed the problem. There may be some web sites that don't care for it and request an updated browser (weather.com). Perhaps they will fix this soon and we can resume using the updated version.
    01-25-2017 11:55 AM
    Gamekingx rox! it worked! thanks, muchacho
    01-25-2017 12:03 PM
    Guys,

Having the same problem when long-pressing the home button (androidui stop) I tried to change the launcher from TouchViz.

Surprisingly "Launcher for Galaxy Note 7" from "Beautiful Theme Launcher" is running correctly even with the most recent updates for Google applications.

Please do not take it as the advert, but as one of workarounds for the current situation. I use my phone as a tool so I don't have time to checj the other launchers.
    Hopefully I can go back to TouchViz soon, because I get use to it :-)

Have fun!

P.S. as expected Google Launcher like TouchViz are not working.
    01-25-2017 12:17 PM
    Uninstalling the google update worked for me, too. Thanks!
    01-25-2017 12:20 PM

.๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜
    01-25-2017 12:33 PM
    I have a giant favor to ask of the next person who successfully performs this fix: once you remove the update and turn off auto-updates please check your App Manager to confirm whether or not the Google app still appears within.

I did the fix and the Google app no longer shows up in my App Manager, probably nothing to be concerned about since it continues to show up in Google Play Store but I'd like to know if this is normal behavior.

Also, once in your App Manager please note you can swipe to a number of tabs (downloaded, sd card, all, etc), these are views that filter the shown apps; to show all installed apps swipe to the "all" tab.
    01-25-2017 01:37 PM
    ok everyone who is experiencing this error knows how annoying it is so its a simple fix go into your google play search up google quick search and scroll until you see a app that is already installed and simply un install it it fixes the problem immediately.
    01-25-2017 02:05 PM
    I have no idea how to Uninstall that update that has my phone messed up. Help
    Sheila -

1. Tap the Settings Icon (usually a little round gear icon). This may be on one of your phone's screens, or you will find it by tapping the icon that shows all your apps.
    2. On the next screen, scroll down to Application. First screen that should show up is Downloaded.
    3. Scroll down that screen until you see 'Google App'
    4. Tap on it - a window with the apps info will open.
    5. In the upper right, you will see a box that says 'Uninstall Updates'. Tap on that.
    6. Warning boxes come up - click OK on whatever comes up.
    7. Android will uninstall the update - and probably back to 'factory version' which is the version of the App that came with the phone.
    8. Once that is done, tap the Home button to return to your normal screens.

Long press Home to multi-tasking should be restored.

Depending on the vintage of your OS will determine which version of Google App you now have - unfortunately no way to (officially) roll back to the App that was working before this last one. So with luck, a patched version will be released soon.

Meanwhile, to complete this fix -

1. Open Play Store
    2. Search 'Google App'.
    3. Open 'Google' - the app description in the Store.
    4. On the open description page, look to the top right where you will see 3 dots.
    5. Tap on them and in the window that appears, uncheck 'auto update'. This will prevent this troublesome version from reinstalling on your phone.
    6. Tap Home button to exit Play Store.

Just a reminder to not use 'Update All' (if you do) when installing upgrades/patches but rather, install each app in the list separately, avoiding the Google App.

Hope this helps.
    01-25-2017 02:31 PM
    What are the steps for uninstalling the google update that causes this message?
    01-25-2017 03:27 PM
629 ... 1011121314 ...