03-13-2017 07:01 AM
629 ... 1112131415 ...
tools Reply
    have uninstalled https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox ), and error message as now gone. many thanks
    01-25-2017 03:32 PM
    Had the same problem since 1/21
    I uninstalled the google app and everything went right back to normal!
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seems it was the January 20 version (6.10.37.16 according to Play Store in my case - running OS 4.2.2.) that was the issue. Some variants for other versions of OS might make it a day later...?
    01-25-2017 03:32 PM
    Worked for me too, many thanks
    01-25-2017 03:34 PM
    I have a giant favor to ask of the next person who successfully performs this fix: once you remove the update and turn off auto-updates please check your App Manager to confirm whether or not the Google app still appears within.

I did the fix and the Google app no longer shows up in my App Manager, probably nothing to be concerned about since it continues to show up in Google Play Store but I'd like to know if this is normal behavior.

Also, once in your App Manager please note you can swipe to a number of tabs (downloaded, sd card, all, etc), these are views that filter the shown apps; to show all installed apps swipe to the "all" tab.
    Google still remains in the App Manager here - but not in Downloaded, as those would have been the updates. The factory installed version is shown in All, however.
    01-25-2017 03:36 PM
    Google still remains in the App Manager here - but not in Downloaded, as those would have been the updates. The factory installed version is shown in All, however.
    Much thanks for the response. Yeah, no sign of the Google app remains within the "ALL" tab of my App Manager which I find kinda nutty since it still shows as an intalled app within the Google Play Store menu.

Is it possible that the current version of the Google app went by a different alias in it's earlier iterations? Being that my home button function is back to normal and the phone isn't exhibiting any other issues I'm not going to lose sleep over whether or not I'm now missing any apps.
    01-25-2017 03:59 PM
    I tried what you said and can confirm that it fixed the problem. Thanks!
    01-25-2017 04:15 PM
    thank you , it worked for me , honestly i feel little bit sad that this app isn't working anymore because the google launcher for me "was" the best , considering the easy news feed that related to what you search for :/
    01-25-2017 04:15 PM
    I uninstalled all Google app updates: Google Play Games; Google Play services and its worked. Back to normal.
    01-25-2017 04:32 PM
    I'm getting the same crash on an S4.

FWIW, if you hold the phone in landscape mode before doing the long-push, it works (you get the list of recent apps and the task manager / Google / Close all line at the bottom). If you rotate the phone back to portrait before exiting the screen, crash-ola.

Just in case you'd rather wait for an update rather than revert all the way back, mess up your screen / wallpaper / widget arrangement, etc.
    01-25-2017 04:33 PM
    I uninstalled all Google app updates: Google Play Games; Google Play services and its worked. Back to normal.
    you don't need to uninstall all of them , just the search app
    01-25-2017 05:16 PM
    Thank you so much! Please rate the Google app a 1 star so it can be seen!
    01-25-2017 06:16 PM
    Uninstalling the google update worked for me in my S4 phone.
    01-25-2017 06:53 PM
    Thank you soo much
    01-25-2017 07:30 PM
    Most importantly updates are adding a bunch of bug-fixes (a.k.a. killers to vunabilities to be hacked) and from time to time some nice feature.

Uninstalling updates is always the most balistic approch. This is why I proposed and are now continue to evangelize about this approach:

Guys, Having the same problem [I found that] "Launcher for Galaxy Note 7" from "Beautiful Theme Launcher" is running correctly even with the most recent updates for Google applications.
    Call me baby, but getting alternative, more hack-proof solution (described above) seems to me much more appealing.

Whenever U want to check if Google correcteds TouchViz problems U gonna just
    1) change launcher to TouchViz, have a see if longpressing home button gives error.
    1.a) if the error occur switch launcher back to the Auxiliary one. Go back to step (1) in 2 weeks
    1.b) if the error is solved (U see it never more) then switch to the main launcher TouchViz . U can uninstall the Auxuliary launcher for sake of disk space or just keep it as the safe-line.

All the best.

nd if needed go back. No tedious uninstalling-installing combo.

Do as U please,
    but please do as I said
    ]:->
    01-25-2017 09:28 PM
    Thanks so much! It worked for me.

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.
    01-25-2017 10:04 PM
    Just want to say this also fixed it for me. I have an S3 with 4.4.2. Hopefully other S3s effected by this update will find this thread, because it took me a night of searching.
    This worked for me also, after a factory rest not only cleared my phone but also my SD card.
    01-25-2017 11:39 PM
    This worked. Tganks
    01-26-2017 12:44 AM
    I got the same problem in my s4 mini gt1919 model... After uninstalling and restoring Google app. The problem solved. Thank you all.
    01-26-2017 02:46 AM
    Uninstalling Google app updates worked for me. .. Thank you..
    01-26-2017 03:01 AM
    To fix the issue download CM security and once its downloaded it will start working again
    01-26-2017 04:52 AM
    Thank you!!!
    I had the same problem on Galaxy S4. Uninstalling updates for Google Quick Search brought the action of hone button back to normal.

I found out what caused it. Earlier today google pushed an update for their google quick search app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...quicksearchbox ), this update broke my home button.

So uninstall the app and you should be fine for now.
    01-26-2017 06:03 AM
    TNX man, fixed the problem on my Galaxy note 8.0
    01-26-2017 06:17 AM
    thank you , it worked for me , honestly i feel little bit sad that this app isn't working anymore because the google launcher for me "was" the best , considering the easy news feed that related to what you search for :/
    Well (and you didn't hear this from me - let's call it theoretically), you could search out the older (issue-free) Google app .apk file appropriate to your OS - say the version from mid-December - from a reputable 3rd Party site, download and install that. I understand <cough, cough> that this would return much of the functionality.

Hopefully, whoever is responsibility for the current bug (be it Samsung or Google) will be able to resolve the issue ASAP.
    01-26-2017 07:00 AM
    Go to Playstore and locate your Google app (Yup...the Google app updates are corrupted). click uninstall (it will only uninstall updates). this will solve your issue. it did mine after trying all that other stuff.
    01-26-2017 07:15 AM
    All you have to do is uninstall updates on Google I just did it and tested the menu button and it worked fine, do not delete it because it's hard to get back, trust I did that too by hitting the wrong button so pay attention to what it ask you. After uninstalling updates your phone will be fine.
    01-26-2017 08:04 AM
629 ... 1112131415 ...