can i use my usb chord to illuminate my phone screen onto a computer screen?
    01-29-2015 12:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? There are several possible ways to mirror the screen, but the phone has to support them:

1. If the phone has a microHDMI output, then simply connect to a TV or monitor with an HDMI input using a microHDMI-to-HDMI cable.
    2. If the phone supports MHL or Slimport adapters (which convert the microUSB output to HDMI), then use one to connect to the HDMI input of a TV or monitor.
    3. If the phone supports Miracast (which uses wi-fi), then you may be able to broadcast the screen to a TV that is also Miracast compatible (not very common).
    4. If you have a Chromecast connected to your TV, and if you have the right kind of phone, you can "cast" the screen to the TV.

If you want the phone's screen to show up on your computer monitor and actually operate the phone from the computer, I believe you'd have to root the phone first. AirDroid has a function called AirMirror which lets you do this.
    01-29-2015 12:23 PM