Why won't my Amazon app open on my Android?

A

AC Question

amazon app won't open on my android

I try to open the app and it just goes blank

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: amazon app won't open on my android

Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? Did you install the Amazon app from Google Play? If not, are you certain the app is compatible with your device?

Go to Settings>Apps, select Amazon, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now try again.

MsButterflysupanova

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same problem in the last couple of weeks, was working fine for a month or so before, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
I've cleared the data/cache, un-installed and reinstalled to no avail. Can't seem to get past the loading screen.
Help!

Phillip Blanton

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem. I'm trying to set up a new echo dot, but my app won't load. It loads a black screen with a spinning gray ring.

I have cleared the cache, killed the app, Uninstalled and reinstalled it... All to no avail.

pblanton

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I solved this problem by...
1. Clearing the app's memory and cache, then killing the app.
2. Turning off the Wifi and mobile data.
3. Re-starting the app.

The app started immediately, but warned that it was offline. Once I turned mobile data and wifi back on, everything has worked fine since.

joelstitch

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. It worked fine for a while and today it just wont load. I tried the normal Amazon app and the Amazon Underground app and they both wont load or log in. I tried clearing the cache, force stopping restarting uninstalling and reinstalling, restoring a backup when it used to work and nothing works. The app just stays in a while screen.

Robert Howard3

Oct 7, 2017
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy but switching your date and time update from automatic to manual can cause this problem. Some time back I noticed my clock was wrong by an hour, so I switched off automatic date and time update, thinking it was connecting to the wrong time server or something. For the next two months I had a problem with opening the Alexa app trying everything to fix it - clearing storage,cache, uninstalling, force stopping, switching on/off wi-fi etc. etc. until I switched automatic time update back on. As soon as I did, Alexa went into it's update routine for the latest version and everything was OK again.

mmarion7

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: amazon app won't open on my android

I have the same problem. Have tried all Amazon's fixes. It's not my job to troubleshoot their defective products. Now they want to sell medicine? No way!

MsHedgehog

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
I've had this problem for a while now. Tried everything, clearing cache & data, turning off wifi, soft reset and hard reset a few times.
I contacted Amazon via email, I've chatted with them but nobody seems to be able to come up with an answer. They suggested that I changed the language settings on my phone which of course did nothing.
Now they want me to call...
Ugh...

dailybonbon

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
I had the same issue for the past few days on my Galaxy Tab A. I also noticed the chrome browser app was not working too. I tried all the recommended solutions (clear cache, turn on/off wifi, reinstall, etc) for the Amazon app and nothing worked. Then I started working on the fixing Chrome app by doing the same recommended solutions and it came back working. AND without doing anything else, I opened the Amazon app and it worked. Maybe there is some kind of link between the two. Good luck!