Can I get some help switching from Dalvik to ART on my Galaxy S5?

epicduck72

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Issue Switching From Dalvik to ART on Galaxy S5

I tried to switch from Dalvik to ART on my Galaxy S5 last night, and it will not work. I have not been able to use my phone all day. My phone will start to boot, then is says Android is upgrading. Then it starts to optimize apps like normal. But then when it gets around the 50th app, my phone gets really hot and it stays there. I let it sit on app 55 overnight, and it was still on app 55 in the morning. Every time it stays for at least an hour, I pull my battery out and let it cool. One time when I put the battery back in, I got to my lockscreen but there was an error message saying android phone has stopped. I hit ok, then my phone rebooted back into upgrading android. As soon as I get back into my phone (if I ever get back in) then I plan on switching back to Dalvik as soon as possible. Anything I can do to get back into my phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Issue Switching From Dalvik to ART on Galaxy S5

Welcome to Android Central! Oh boy, I've seen this mentioned before. Not sure of the best way to fix it, though. Are you able to boot into Recovery Mode? If so, try wiping the cache partition. http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404. If that doesn't work, then you may have to consider a factory data reset.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I am not sure if this will work any better than a reset, but you can try reflashing a stock ROM with a PC program called Odin.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

The difference between a factory reset and flashing a new ROM is that a reset leaves all system apps and settings intact, so if it's one of them causing the problem, it won;'t fix it. A ROM flash starts with a factory-fresh phone - all system settings and apps are as from the factory. The only thing that won't fix is a hardware error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12