I had to get a new Samsung Galaxy S4 phone because my charging port on my old phone was causing my cord to be loose and it wouldn't charge. On my old phone I found a way to make it so that when the alarm clock goes off all I had to do was press the "X" and it would stop the alarm instead of having to "swoosh" the screen to turn it off. I have googled and googled to find out how to do this again. Can someone please tell me the trick to turn off the swoosh and make it so that I can just press the "X" when my alarm goes off.

Thanks for your time.
    G
    01-29-2015 04:52 PM
    I had to get a new Samsung Galaxy S4 phone because my charging port on my old phone was causing my cord to be loose and it wouldn't charge. On my old phone I found a way to make it so that when the alarm clock goes off all I had to do was press the "X" and it would stop the alarm instead of having to "swoosh" the screen to turn it off. I have googled and googled to find out how to do this again. Can someone please tell me the trick to turn off the swoosh and make it so that I can just press the "X" when my alarm goes off.

Thanks for your time.
    G
    I'm not sure that you can do that with the stock alarm clock. Are you sure the old S4 was using the stock alarm clock, rather than a third-party one from the Play Store? Also, is the new phone on a OS update?

An updated device could also be the reason why the feature is not present in the current S4, but was in the older one.
    02-02-2015 01:13 PM