I recently got my 2014 Moto X 64 GB pure edition from Motorola and I instantly loved it. However once I upgraded to lollipop I accidentally let it change my default voice preference to Google Now and now every time I try to do something through moto voice, such as a moto specific phrase like "goodnight", it does a google search for the term goodnight. I've gone through every setting I can find and I can't figure out a way to set moto voice to be the primary over google now. I like google now, but I love the moto voice. Can anyone help me get moto voice back on lollipop?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-29-2015 04:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Google, and Clear Defaults. If that doesn't work, go to Settings>Apps​, tap Menu, and Reset All App Preferences.
    01-29-2015 10:46 PM
    I just did the reset all app thing and it unfortunately still opens a google search for nearly everything. The good night/good morning features seem to work a little better now though so its a start. However texting, calling, and everything else still does a google search for it. Such as "what does my day look like" opened a google search for websites that had that as a keyword lol.

01-30-2015 06:32 AM
    Ok, how about turning off "Ok Google"? Open Google Now, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Voice>"OK Google" Detection, and turn it off. Now see if Moto Voice takes over.
    01-30-2015 01:02 PM
    I just went to try this and the "OK Google" function is already turned off. The moto voice is what initially kicks in (when you say your moto launch phrase it goes to the blue listening screen) but it audibly says opening google search and searches it. I haven't been able to find a setting in moto for it yet either. And OK google is already off lol. This is starting to get annoying :/

01-30-2015 02:29 PM