Hi folks.
    I need some enlightenment here.
    I had over 10 Android phones from several brands since their appearance on the market, most of them Samsung.
    A very annoying thing i found out to be universal is the crappy GPS service, no matter witch device, version or the fact its a flagship, it will almost guaranteed never work, or more specifically, never locks. Usually i would work around this by launching GPS Test app, and after got a lock on that, close it and open Google Maps, but now that dosent seem to work on my Vodafone Smart Mini 3 phone. A few days ago, i bought a new S3 Mini, as the Vodafone Smart phone is total crap and almost melted on my hand one time it froze, no way i would keep that fire hazard.
    I was like "hey, new phone from Samsung, everything will work huray!!!". NOT.
    GPS still cant ever get a lock, even doing that procedure still wont kick start it, and im crying of buyers remorse.
    Im getting real sick of these constant Android bull**** bugs that are never fixed.
    Im also real interested on the upcoming S6, but i will only buy one IF and only IF the GPS and some other common android issues are solved for good. Im not going to spend another ~$850 on a thing that its still broken inside, so my question here is... Will they ever going to fix this problem that almost everyone with an Android phone, no matter the brand, have? I will not buy any other Android if not and switch to Apple instead.
    All around the net there are many, many people that are suffering by this and some even had to buy a TomTom or something to travel, as their expensive little Android phone cant deliver what he promised the buyer at the time of purchase.
    Question for you, does your GPS works flawless?
    01-29-2015 07:38 PM
    In my experience Samsung is horrible with GPS. I have not had issues with my nexus 5 or 6 although I haven't tested out my 6 much yet. But every Samsung I've had has struggled with GPS.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-29-2015 07:44 PM
    GPS works without any issues on my Moto G, S2 Skyrocket and G2.

Sent from my G2 running SlimKat
    01-29-2015 07:53 PM
    What is your geographic location?
    01-29-2015 08:21 PM
    I live in Europe, where GPS services works perfectly.
    Maybe i was too harsh to judge Android on this, this is maybe more of a Samsung problem, but i had other brands, LG, Alcatel, Sony, some chinese one i can't remember the name and an HTC, the LG was the only one that work as it supposed to do every single time, but i was stupid enough to run to the sea for a dive with him in my pocket... i figure it out mid flight and i was life "fuuuuuuuuu". I almost cried as the salt ruined any chance of bringing it back to life.
    I'm just posting this because im really exited about the S6 and i have money saved for a top phone, but i'm scared i will be raped once again by Samsung.
    01-29-2015 08:36 PM
    Does the S5 worked flawless? Mainly the GPS?
    01-30-2015 09:00 AM
    useless forum...
    01-30-2015 02:10 PM
    Does the S5 worked flawless? Mainly the GPS?
    You should post this in S5 sub-forum where S5 owners are more likely to see and answer your question.

Sent from my G2 running SlimKat
    01-30-2015 08:28 PM
    Look... Genius... This thread isin't about the S5. I asked about the S5 on the 6º post of this thread... ok?
    Anyway, im not interested on an answer from this forum anymore as nobody can elaborate an opinion. Bye.
    01-31-2015 01:04 PM
    Funny, since I've never had a lock problem (or any GPS problem) on either of my Samsung Note 3s. They cold start faster than my Magellan. About the only faster lock I've seen is my Pioneer in-dash, since it's always on (so it's not really cold starting). It's not Android, it's not Samsung, it's some phones, and Samsung seems to have had a run of bad ones (Note 3s, in fact). I haven't been seeing any GPS complaints recently. (The compass, yes - there's no way to build a compass that will stay calibrated in a cellphone for the price of a whole flagship cellphone, but not the GPS recently.)
    01-31-2015 02:57 PM