I accidently uninstalled Google Chrome, how can I get it back?

A

AC Question

I accidently uninstalled Google Chrome

I uninstalled Google Chrome and now have no browser . How can I get it back?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: I accidently uninstalled Google Chrome

Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Try looking in Settings - apps - Disabled (Turned Off) list for Chrome.
If there tap and Enable.

You can also have several Browser apps on your device.
Firefox, Dolphin, CM, Opera, UC, Boat etc.
You can get many recommendations, though it's whatever suits you.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Open up Google Play Store and do a App search for WEB Browser and choose the browser of your choice and install it.

bobcree

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site

Sure appreciate the suggestions. I cannot find Google Chrome listed anywhere on my phone.

I had planned to load Firefox as my browser. The problem is that I deleted Chrome before I downloaded Firefox. Play Store will not show up when I use the icon. When I use the Play Store icon, it will ask me if I want to add a Google Account. Not sure how to proceed from that point.

Seems that without a browser, I cannot get on line.

Bob

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Presumably if you downloaded Firefox, you already have a Google account?

Is this is a new device that you're setting up?

Also, I don't know that you can uninstall Google Chrome....I just tried, but the option didn't show. If you go Settings, Apps, All, and scroll down, do you not see Chrome listed there?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Sure appreciate the suggestions. I cannot find Google Chrome listed anywhere on my phone.

I had planned to load Firefox as my browser. The problem is that I deleted Chrome before I downloaded Firefox. Play Store will not show up when I use the icon. When I use the Play Store icon, it will ask me if I want to add a Google Account. Not sure how to proceed from that point.

Seems that without a browser, I cannot get on line.

Bob

There's a lot of information missing here. You can only help us help you.

Some far east devices don't have Google services and you need to use Amazon apps or other.

I forgot to say the Chrome icon may be on the Google icon folder / tray.

You need a Google account, new or old, to use Play Store. If the device had a previous owner, you would need to check if it is now a listed device on your Google account.
www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Some say you don't need a Google account to use an Android device, but I struggle with that.

I give Google as little information as possible, no photo backups, and don't have a Google + personal profile.

You should be able to get a browser from Amazon apps, though I have never downloaded so don't know what you need.

You can push a Play Store app to your device from your Play Store account on a pc.

As Belodion said, you cannot fully uninstall Chrome from a Google device. You can check in Settings - Apps.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7