Why isn't my Nexus 5 booting and the device is not showing up on my PC when trying to recover via adb sideloading?

A

AC Question

Nexus 5, not booting, and device not showing up on PC when trying to recover via adb sideloading

Hi, I have a Nexus 5, which on installing lollipop OTA caused the phone to crash, and now when I turn it on, it just says "No command", giving only options to e.g. recover via a adb sideload, or wipe the device.

I have tried sideloading lollipop ( using e.g. instructions at androidbeat.com/2014/11/manually-update-nexus-5-android-5-0-lollipop/ ) however the device is not showing as connected to the computer. when i type adb devices via cmd, it does not show a device, and similarly, when i try sideloading i get an error saying no devices connected.

I have tried re-installed the drivers, but there is no indication that the PC is registering that their is a phone connected (other than the fact the phone does still charge when connected via the USB) - when I go to control-panel, there is nothing that appears to be the Nexus-5 listed (i.e. suggesting to me it is not the 'wrong driver' which is causing the problem - no driver appears to activated).

For reference, I have the recover screen which says "now send the package you want to apply to the device with "adb sideload <filename>"

I am not sure what could be wrong... possible thoughts that I have had are:
- Could I have a broken USB connector (is it possible for it to still be able to pull current from the PC to charge, but to be somehow broken such that it can't communicate?)
- if my phone is not in developer mode would it cause this to occur? (I think my phone is in developer mode, so don't think this is it... and the phone seems to indicate that it is ready to accept a sideload, so don't think this is it).

Thanks in advance - any other suggestions would also be great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes