Hi there,
    I am new here, was just looking for an answer fr a problem that happening since three days,
    this problem is with my Nexus 7 Running Lollipop 5.0.2, kernel 3.1.10, NOT ROOTED,
    I was browsing on amazon.com, and suddenly it opened a new tab linking to 'adultcameras . info' (separated to prevent linking to the site). I was wondering if amazon.com host spam like this, (some sorta spams what you see on kick *** torrents saying your tablet is affected).

So I reset the tab, as It is used occasionally to play real racing and some web browsing when my iPad is charging.

but soon after resetting, I opened stack overflow and even without any other pages opened and 3rd party apps installed, this browser (chrome) opens some spam sites.,
    '
    I cleared cache, updated the browser, tried almost all antivirus stuff available on market, It seems the same.

so I thought its something related to some spammy extensions that's syncing with my Google account to the chrome, I decided to format it again and sign in creating a new Google account.

So I did so, but still after the format the same things are happening, I tried adblock app for android off play store, it prevents the contents to be displayed but still opening a blank page with some spammy url and play store links to opera mini and uc browser.

I am really helpless with this. how can I get rid of this?
    Not a native English speaker, sorry for the confusions and terrible grammer. that said.
    thanks.
    01-31-2015 01:42 AM
    The same thing is happening to me. Except, on all devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network. I tried everything. Resetting browsers,devices ,even the router. But somehow it starts again. Though, when I reset the browser and connect the device via ethernet cable, eveything works fine. But as soon as I reconfigure my router and connect to it, it starts again. Not sure what is the source of this.
    It happens on the following devices: Xiaomi mi3, iphone 5s,Sony Viao running Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04. My desktop PC (window 7) which is connected via an ethernet cable is somehow never affected. Phones after resetting, work well on 3G. After connecting to Wi-Fi, the ads start appearing. Its not a problem related to any browser, because all browsers, even the one included in the facebook app does the same thing (opens adultcameras. info or play store links). It might be a problem with the router (d-link). But even resetting doesn't help. Can't figure out what is wrong.
    If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate.
    Thanks
    02-01-2015 10:18 PM
    Finally. Turns out the firmware of my router was faulty. Installed an external firmware for my d-link dir 615 from dd-wrt. com. That solved everything.
    02-02-2015 08:45 AM