My Xperia Pro MK16i keeps rebooting, how do I get it into recovery mode?

A

AC Question

Xperia Pro MK16i keeps rebooting; cannot enter recovery mode

Hi all,

recently I restarted my Xperia Pro MK16i and since then it gets stuck in a loop of showing the SONY splash screen and the XPERIA splash screen. I can only stop the loop by removing the battery.

At first it sounded like the anddoid loop bug, but neither did I flash my phone nor did any of the solutions help. Actually, most solutions start with telling me to go to recovery mode (which should be activated by Power Button plus Volume Down), but even that does not work.

For a bit more context: The reason I did the last reboot of the phone was that I could not make any calls out and my GPS just wouldn't turn off. Is that indicative of any hardware failure maybe? Or is it just a soft brick-problem and I am just to stupid to google for the right solution.

Any help appreciated.

mbanu

Banned
Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Xperia Pro MK16i keeps rebooting; cannot enter recovery mode

Hi all,

recently I restarted my Xperia Pro MK16i and since then it gets stuck in a loop of showing the SONY splash screen and the XPERIA splash screen. I can only stop the loop by removing the battery.

At first it sounded like the anddoid loop bug, but neither did I flash my phone nor did any of the solutions help. Actually, most solutions start with telling me to go to recovery mode (which should be activated by Power Button plus Volume Down), but even that does not work.

For a bit more context: The reason I did the last reboot of the phone was that I could not make any calls out and my GPS just wouldn't turn off. Is that indicative of any hardware failure maybe? Or is it just a soft brick-problem and I am just to stupid to google for the right solution.

Any help appreciated.

can it enter bootloader?