I have Samsung Galaxy 3 Android phone. When I first got it I had one gmail account. Later on I added another gmail account. Both were able to receive and send emails. Recently I deleted the first account. I can still receive emails in the remaining account but cannot send emails from my phone. The phone can't authenticate the server. I confirmed my settings, tried rebooting, but still cannot send emails. I am able to send emails from that gmail account from my laptop.
    Thanks for your help
    01-31-2015 05:49 PM
    Hello. Welcome to Android Central.

Was the account you deleted the one registered to your device?

Try
    www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    with your newer account and see if your device is now listed on your newer account.
    01-31-2015 05:55 PM
    Thanks for your speedy reply.
    I registered the phone with the account I just deleted. I didn't have the second email account until a year after I set up my android phone.
    I am now logged in with my remaining gmail account; the link you sent found my phone's location and was able to call the device.
    One more clue - the phone keeps telling me account action is required for the account I deleted.
    01-31-2015 07:38 PM
    Hi. Thanks for registering.

So the original is no longer in General - Accounts - Google.
    Have you deleted your old account only on the phone, or can you still find it on the web?

It sounds as it should be easy to figure out.

If you'll excuse me it's very late here.

If you're patient someone better will chip in. Also if you like, have a look and say hi here, explaining the issue.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/
    01-31-2015 08:28 PM
    I first deleted the account from my laptop and then deleted the account from the phone.
    I cannot log into the deleted account from my laptop anymore.
    02-01-2015 06:50 AM
    Hi. Thanks for waiting - although I hoped someone would chip in .

There is not much info on Google Help, perhaps it would be better to contact them directly, or your carrier.

I can't believe others have not had similar issues here, I had a quick search and couldn't trace similar.

It's out of my league. One of the site ambassadors or longer members will know. It's one of those issues easier to figure hands on.

I will try and message someone, but please ask in Android Central Community - General Help and How To, and Introductions.

02-01-2015 08:52 AM
    Bump - Anyone ?
    02-01-2015 08:53 AM