Greetings folks!

Before one month, i bought a new HTC 816, the device is reliable and working exactly as i expected, one day i woke up and i just noticed that the the screen protector was cracked, at first i thought that my screen was damaged, but then it turns out to be the screen protector thankfully, i found out that it was cracked due to the cold weather, sometimes at nights, temperature drops to 2-0 Celsius at my room(i live in Aleppo/Syria, lack of fuel/gas).

After few days, a friend of mine just bought the same device, and while i was transferring some files between our devices i noticed that the colors in my device is a bit lower and gloomy compared with the other HTC, i thought it was a software issue or a screen colors/brightness settings, but then i found it that my screen somehow had an issue, i also noticed some 3 bloated spots on the screen (it's was really hard to find, unless i exhale on my screen lol) tried also to clean em out, but sadly they were inside my screen.

If you just like hold my HTC 816 you wont notice any issue with the screen, unless you really looks carefully at it.

My question is:

)1 Could the very low temperature (2-0 Celsius) damage the screen somehow?
    )2 Could it be that since my mobile is a mid range device that it came with this screen issue from the factory it self?

Hoping that someone will help me out, also excuse my bad English.
    02-01-2015 02:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you say 2-0 Celsius, I assume you mean 2 degrees Celsius, correct? Low temps can impact LCD function, causing the display to dim or react sluggishly. I'm not sure if it can cause actual damage in the form of blotches, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. See this article: How Extreme Cold Temperatures Can Damage Your Mobile Device

Stay safe!
    02-01-2015 08:41 PM