So I've been using an HTC One Mini 2 for the past month or so and it's been fine. But this afternoon first the data stopped working (so it only connects when near Wifi) and there's no problem with my data allowance.

When I tried to go to settings to try and fix it, the icon for Settings on my main menu was missing and it's also disappeared from the list of apps etc on my phone. I tried getting to it via other methods like going to the quick settings page but it just goes to the main page again and doesn't open. Same if I try to go a different settings page with the ... button and press back which should normally open up the main Settings page.

I haven't seen this problem come up before so wondering if anyone knows what's going on with this?
    02-01-2015 07:39 PM
    So I've been using an HTC One Mini 2 for the past month or so and it's been fine. But this afternoon first the data stopped working (so it only connects when near Wifi) and there's no problem with my data allowance.

When I tried to go to settings to try and fix it, the icon for Settings on my main menu was missing and it's also disappeared from the list of apps etc on my phone. I tried getting to it via other methods like going to the quick settings page but it just goes to the main page again and doesn't open. Same if I try to go a different settings page with the ... button and press back which should normally open up the main Settings page.

I haven't seen this problem come up before so wondering if anyone knows what's going on with this?
    I'm not sure why you are experiencing this problem. However, you can try a few things to see if it fixes the problem:

1. Reboot the device by powering off then back on. Check to see if the settings app is returned to the app drawer.
    2. Pull down the notification shade and click on the "quick settings toggle". If the settings app is not visible, try removing a quick setting then try adding the settings app back. Follow the information here for a step-by-step: HTC One mini 2 - Using Quick Settings - GETTING STARTED - How-tos - Support | HTC United Kingdom

Let us know if the above information helps.
    02-02-2015 10:11 AM
    My girlfriends phone also developed the same problem this week. The method suggested above wouldnt work. Also cant do a factory reset because its in fastboot mode and you cant open settings to turn it off. Whats the point in having a hardware button reset if you can change a setting so it no longer works???
    02-04-2015 02:43 PM
    I can't get the status icon back on my HTC One Mini 2. I have googled everywhere and no helpful advice. Ready to throw this phone away!
    02-13-2015 04:37 AM
    Hi guys even I had same issue couple of days back, I tried the above one's to restore factory settings using hardware buttons, finally succeeded and now I got my settings icon back. I hope this is useful...
    Steps to do so:-
    1. Hold the power save icon from drop down window.
    2. Turn on/off power save then press < arrow
    3. In next window scroll down to bottom where you will find "Fast boot", disable this option.
    4. Return to home screen & turn off your mobile.
    5. Follow guidelines stated in HTC support.
    a.Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
    b.Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
    c.Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
    04-09-2015 06:48 PM