Hi all,

Recently my android phone decided it would crash constantly within 10 seconds of starting up. Its a 3 year old Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I've already got a replacement on the way as I believe its past its time. I would however like to backup the stuff. I managed to boot the phone into safemode and transfer all the folders to my PC but i cannot operate it outside of safemode to install any text backup apps, is there any way I can transfer my texts without operating my phone (ie maybe from my computer) it doesnt even stay alive in safemode if I try and use it.

thanks in advance
    02-01-2015 08:01 PM
    Hi all,

Recently my android phone decided it would crash constantly within 10 seconds of starting up. Its a 3 year old Samsung Galaxy Nexus and I've already got a replacement on the way as I believe its past its time. I would however like to backup the stuff. I managed to boot the phone into safemode and transfer all the folders to my PC but i cannot operate it outside of safemode to install any text backup apps, is there any way I can transfer my texts without operating my phone (ie maybe from my computer) it doesnt even stay alive in safemode if I try and use it.

thanks in advance
    Download Kies and see if that will allow you to connect the device to your computer. Kies can backup texts, so that'll be an option if it will connect to the device while in Safemode.
    02-02-2015 10:25 AM