All apps refreshing...?

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I have a one-month old droid turbo that is running android 4.4.4. Everything was perfect at first, but for about 1-2 weeks now all of my apps have been refreshing. I have to type this message in evernote because it at least saves my message when it refreshes!

Things I have considered or tried:
-I am traveling and have taken a lot of photos, however my phone says I still have 16.49 GB of storage available, so I don't think this is the problem.
-tried looking for android updates
-tried clearing individual app data (I thought it was just Google apps at first)
-tried doing a wipe cache partition

The last one I tried because, over the last few days I had a new problem... My battery life drains so quickly! The DT always lasted me a long, full day with very regular use (looking at maps, taking photos, etc), but now it drains about 60% in 8 hours when on standby *alone.* I wasn't sure if the two problems were connected because this one started later.

When I googled the problem, I mostly found stuff talking about just Google refreshing, not all apps.

Please let me know if you need any more info or can point me in the right direction!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a one-month old droid turbo that is running android 4.4.4. Everything was perfect at first, but for about 1-2 weeks now all of my apps have been refreshing. I have to type this message in evernote because it at least saves my message when it refreshes!

Things I have considered or tried:
-I am traveling and have taken a lot of photos, however my phone says I still have 16.49 GB of storage available, so I don't think this is the problem.
-tried looking for android updates
-tried clearing individual app data (I thought it was just Google apps at first)
-tried doing a wipe cache partition

The last one I tried because, over the last few days I had a new problem... My battery life drains so quickly! The DT always lasted me a long, full day with very regular use (looking at maps, taking photos, etc), but now it drains about 60% in 8 hours when on standby *alone.* I wasn't sure if the two problems were connected because this one started later.

When I googled the problem, I mostly found stuff talking about just Google refreshing, not all apps.

Please let me know if you need any more info or can point me in the right direction!
It sounds like you have an app or service installed that is causing the problem. Have you considered a factory reset? I'd suggest doing that (backup and sync your texts, call logs, contacts, photos, etc.) and see if it continues upon setting the device back up. Let us know if that works, or if the problem is still there.