I'm looking for a single cable for my car to both charge (via USB) and play audio (3.5mm) with my GS5.

I've found cables that do this on Amazon, but all the reviews say they don't work!

PS - I am using a Micro SD card
    02-02-2015 08:14 AM
    I'm looking for a single cable for my car to both charge (via USB) and play audio (3.5mm) with my GS5.

I've found cables that do this on Amazon, but all the reviews say they don't work!

PS - I am using a Micro SD card
    It may have to do with how the device is identifying the cables. Aside from not having multiple cables lying around and keeping things nice and clean, is there another reason why you don't want a separate cable for audio only?
    02-02-2015 10:56 AM
    It may have to do with how the device is identifying the cables. Aside from not having multiple cables lying around and keeping things nice and clean, is there another reason why you don't want a separate cable for audio only?
    I'm in and out of my car on short drives - I know I won't use my phone for music if I have to plug in multiple cables. I bought the S5 after talking with a few Verizon reps and they suggested it because I listen to very particular music and I can load it all into a 128gb micro SD. So now I paid for a phone and an SD card, but its cumbersome to use!

PS - I've order a HimBox Bluetooth device, and downloaded an app that allows me to turn on the Bluetooth from the lockscreen by pressing the power button 2x. That should be easy enough, but its silly that Google made it impossible to use these cables for audio (in my understanding, by disabling USB mass storage).
    02-02-2015 11:15 AM