My Moto X2 LCD is cracked but there is no damage from outside, how do I go about replacing the screen?

A

AC Question

moto x2 LCD cracked but no damage from outside

my moto x2 slipped from my hand and fell on its side. The impact has happened just above the power button. There is very minute bend on the metal frame and no damage to the gorilla glass or the touch digitiser. However after a while I found that under the glass the LCD developed a crack and my screen developed purplish spots all over and later the area of crack darkened. What all should I replace. I hope my mother board is not damaged and is this covered under warranty.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: moto x2 LCD cracked but no damage from outside

my moto x2 slipped from my hand and fell on its side. The impact has happened just above the power button. There is very minute bend on the metal frame and no damage to the gorilla glass or the touch digitiser. However after a while I found that under the glass the LCD developed a crack and my screen developed purplish spots all over and later the area of crack darkened. What all should I replace. I hope my mother board is not damaged and is this covered under warranty.
You likely have a broken LCD as describe in your post. Most screen replacements have the glass front and lcd fused together, so it'll probably be more efficient to replace both at the same time. It'll probably costs slightly more if you decide to do it yourself, but will be less headache and time consuming. However, before going that route, I'd suggest contacting Moto and see if they can assist and what the costs may be to do it: https://motorola-global-portal.cust...yODk4MDM4L3NpZC9pUnh1UV9kbQ==#service-options