my moto x2 slipped from my hand and fell on its side. The impact has happened just above the power button. There is very minute bend on the metal frame and no damage to the gorilla glass or the touch digitiser. However after a while I found that under the glass the LCD developed a crack and my screen developed purplish spots all over and later the area of crack darkened. What all should I replace. I hope my mother board is not damaged and is this covered under warranty.
    02-02-2015 10:17 AM
    my moto x2 slipped from my hand and fell on its side. The impact has happened just above the power button. There is very minute bend on the metal frame and no damage to the gorilla glass or the touch digitiser. However after a while I found that under the glass the LCD developed a crack and my screen developed purplish spots all over and later the area of crack darkened. What all should I replace. I hope my mother board is not damaged and is this covered under warranty.
    You likely have a broken LCD as describe in your post. Most screen replacements have the glass front and lcd fused together, so it'll probably be more efficient to replace both at the same time. It'll probably costs slightly more if you decide to do it yourself, but will be less headache and time consuming. However, before going that route, I'd suggest contacting Moto and see if they can assist and what the costs may be to do it: https://motorola-global-portal.custh...ervice-options
    02-02-2015 11:29 AM