Just got dragon touch a1 x tablet and can not put a damm thing on my SD card, rooting is sadly beyond me, down load app mgr lll and another say does not support moving. Is there any thing I can do? Please help

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-02-2015 08:37 PM
    Just got dragon touch a1 x tablet and can not put a damm thing on my SD card, rooting is sadly beyond me, down load app mgr lll and another say does not support moving. Is there any thing I can do? Please help

Yup. That's because in Android KitKat they made it so you can't. You can still put apps on it via settings. This one worked for me: How to bypass Android 4.4 (KitKat) external SD write restrictions without root
    02-02-2015 09:14 PM
    Moving apps to the card is a little different than moving files. Some apps won''t work if run from the card (no widget will), and if the developer knows what he's doing, and his app won't run from the card, he won't allow it to be moved to the card. (To keep from having to answer all the "I moved your app to my SD card and it stopped working" emails - even though it says, right on the app's page, that it won't run from the card.)

Also, some of the newer phones just don't support moving apps to the SD card, so you just can't on that phone (or tablet). The only way to defeat that is with a custom ROM that allows moving apps. (Since it seems that this is one of those no-name Chinese devices, information about it is about as easy to find as finding a flying elephant, and the odds of finding a custom ROM for it aren't much better.)
    Crashdamage likes this.
    02-02-2015 11:32 PM
    I just wanted to say thanks for the reply!

02-06-2015 06:01 PM