For a while, I've been having troubles charging my phone. My original charger worked fine for a long time and then suddenly my phone would sometimes charge and sometimes not, and even just the slightest shift or move of the chord would change whether it was charging or not. After a while of waking up with my phone having not charged at all over night, I got a new chord and it worked perfectly for about two weeks, then the same thing started happening again. This time, it would also say "slow charging, to charge faster use original charger." The replacement I got is the correct replacement for an HTC One M8, but I got another replacement just in case. That replacement is the one I'm using now and I've had it for about two weeks and AGAIN its started acting up. It says "slow charging" and will randomly stop charging. I've tried different outlets, but no difference. The battery also drains a lot faster. I cleaned out the charging port in case lint was in there...there wasn't any and it still doesn't work. I also did a factory reset which also didn't work. I'm pretty sure it's something physically wrong, but there's no swelling or damage to my phone, no overheating....I can't check if I need to update my phone because it's staying at only 1% charged and it needs to be at least 30% for me to check.

At this point I've become extremely frustrated and hateful toward my phone. I really need help figuring out how to fix this dumb thing.
    02-04-2015 04:52 PM
    Have you tried another charger instead of just another cord?

How long have you had the phone and how many times would you estimate the phone has been charged?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    02-04-2015 04:57 PM