Why doesn't the S Note Memo password "Characters remaining" popup window work correctly?

A

AC Question

On the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, 3, & 2...

When you create an S Note Memo, you have the option to lock it with a password. The password can be up to 10 characters long. Regardless if you are creating the password or just typing in your password, once you have typed in 7 characters a little window will popup over the keyboard which says "3 characters remaining". And it counts down 3, 2, 1 as you type.

The problem is that you aren't required to enter a 10 character password. So if you've created a 5 character password then there will be no popup window. But if you've created a 7 character password, it still says "3 characters remaining", even though you don't have any more characters to type.

Well when I created my password I either ignored or didn't see the popup window. So you can imagine how confusing it was for me when I locked my memo with a 9 character password, then went to open it and was tricked into thinking I still needed to type 1 more character because it said "1 character remaining"??

Any way to get Samsung to fix this glitch?? This shouldn't be allowed to perpetuate and create confusion.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why doesn't the S Note Memo password "Characters remaining" popup window work correctly?

I don't think this is a glitch. If anything, I'd remove the counter completely when entering the password to unlock, not when setting it. A 'secure' system that tells you upfront how many characters long your password is? Not so secure...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan