Guys, i just read an article about spyware, malware, a dear eat adware and virus -

Whats the difference between Android malware, spyware, adware and a virus? | Android Central

The article scared me, and thus i started checking the permissions of all the apps until i found something very suspicious. I saw that Chrome was asking for permission to take pictures and videos and to record videos. I mean y the hell would Chrome need those permissions?
    I think it must be sending information to somebody that we don't want to........ Guys, what do u think? Please help.....
    02-05-2015 02:21 AM
    Guys, i just read an article about spyware, malware, a dear eat adware and virus -

Whats the difference between Android malware, spyware, adware and a virus? | Android Central

The article scared me, and thus i started checking the permissions of all the apps until i found something very suspicious. I saw that Chrome was asking for permission to take pictures and videos and to record videos. I mean y the hell would Chrome need those permissions?
    I think it must be sending information to somebody that we don't want to........ Guys, what do u think? Please help.....

Chrome is a legitimate app (browser) from Google....there is nothing to be concerned with. Why it has those permissionas...I don't know. As long as you download apps from the Google Play Store you will be alright. Virus's attacking Android is close to nonexistant. Malware apps are somewhat easier to get if you download apps from a questionable website. Go to SETTINGS...SECURITY...and ensure you have UNKNOWN SOURCES unchecked...again UNCHECKED. This will stop you from downloading apps NOT in the Google Play Store.
    belodion likes this.
    02-05-2015 05:55 AM
    App permissions are usually nothing to worry about, though they sometimes sound a bit odd. Calm yourself. All is well.

Read this by Jerry Hildenbrand:

What some of those scary application permissions mean http://www.androidcentral.com/look-a...on-permissions

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2015 05:56 AM
    chrome drains a lot of my data
    02-05-2015 11:28 AM