How do I get my Freelander PX2 off of emergency calls?

A

AC Question

Freelander PX2 almost dead

Powers on screen is blue sea with island telephone keypad on right emergency calls only (with both sim cards working and with full signal) and time calendar on left with correct date and time
Have pressed reset button but nada. Screen goes off and returns the same
Any ideas please?

Alex

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Freelander PX2 almost dead

Welcome to Android Central! Is that the lockscreen or the homescreen? Are you sure that's a telephone keypad, or could it be a PIN entry keypad?

satsandy

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Hi BD thank you for your response.
I am not sure of the difference between these two screens you mention.
The normal sequence was
Power on (either from sleep or power off)
Freelander screen booting
Home screen (no PIN set)
then straight forward select an icon to load an app.
No it is definitely a keypad with shape of normal 1- 2 abc- 3 def etc
The only other feature visible is along the top left edge icons -downloads-email-triangle-messages- camera-- none of which activate anything and on the right -signal strength- 2 x sim signals and battery level.
I have tried the reset several times. The only difference is that a cross like a calibration mark appears when the screen is swiped from the left.
On the centre bottom edge there is a circle of dots which when held brings up a larger circle with Google inside a greyed smaller circle.

Any help will be appreciated. I have had for over a year and only problem is battery is starting to loose (slightly) holding charge

satsandy

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Obviously not
The screen is frozen apart from a cross like a calibration cross which appears when the screen is swiped from left to right.
On the top left edge there are icons which do not interact - download-mail- warning triangle-messages. On the right there are signal strength-2x sim signal strength- power.
On the bottom centre is a circle of dots which when pressed a larger circle appears and a greyed smaller circle with google in that
I can not post screen shots as the PX2 will not connect to pc other than as "mass storage and PX2 (stereo audio)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

That's the lockscreen. The number pad is for you to enter a PIN. The Google logo in the circle is for opening Google Now, but in order to complete that action, you'd have to enter the correct PIN to unlock the screen. The plus sign is how you add a lockscreen widget, but again, you'd have to enter your PIN first.

satsandy

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

BD you are a star.
I never ever came across that situation before and was about to add some C4 and a match, and although I entered my common PIN, I don't remember setting it in the first place
So back up and running again.
Once again, many thanks
If you ever visit Italy there is a warm welcome and a cool glass of wine waiting.
Alex

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci