Hi,

Since yesterday my Samsung galaxy s4 did strange things.
    I couldn't click on things and sometimes it opened an app by itself. First i thought maybe a reset will fix the problem. But it didn't.

Around 80% of the right-side of my screen is unclickable. I can use the touchscreen on the left.

Usually i would've thought it was a broken touchscreen but the weird thing is that my phone never had this issue and then out of the blue my touchscreen doesnt work. It didn't fall, break etc.

It was connected to my pc with usb wi-fi on.

Is there anybody who maybe knows how to fix this issue?
    02-05-2015 10:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this persist after a reboot? How about a cache partition wipe? http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5744
    Ilyasftw likes this.
    02-05-2015 10:09 AM
    When i had the problem i rebooted it and still got the same problem.

Just did the cache partition wipe but unfortunately still the same problem
    02-05-2015 10:17 AM
    Unfortunately, components can fail abruptly and without any clear precipitating factor. If it persists after a factory reset, then you probably have to get the digitizer replaced.
    02-05-2015 12:36 PM
    It was connected to my pc with usb wi-fi on.
    Was your phone by chance sitting on top of the PC itself while you had it connected? If so, there's an outside chance that the adhesive holding the front glass to the device may have become heated and weakened it, resulting in a portion of the glass to lift from the device. Have you tried applying some pressure (not so much that you'd fear breaking the glass) to the right side of the glass to see if it moves?
    02-05-2015 12:43 PM
    That's going to be a hot PC! From repairing them, the glass needs to be at 80 degrees Celsius before the screen will lift off, and this isn't the easiest, with prying.

Best thing I can think of, is if you have a friend with the same phone, swap the motherboards over, it's only a few screws on the back, and a couple of clip connections.
    If it works, you know you have a faulty screen. If it still persists, then there's something else which we would need to dig into.
    02-05-2015 12:52 PM
    I didnt have it on my pc it was on my desk what was not really hot.

Isnt there anything i can do to my software to check this?

I just called the repair shop and they said that i need to go to them tommorow and they will check if its a software or a hardware problem.
    02-05-2015 12:53 PM
    I doubt it's a software problem, mainly since the unclickable area seems to be a constant/uniform area of the display. If it were a software problem, then the device would probably not register touches anywhere at all, or it'd appear to be intermittent randomly across the whole display because there's no telling what area of the screen you'd be touching when touches fail to register.
    02-05-2015 01:02 PM
    I wouldn't advocate taking the motherboard out of a friends phone.
    02-05-2015 01:16 PM