I am using a galaxy s5, and last night I was watching a video when suddenly I got booted off of the wifi. I tried to join again, but I got the message "AP currently not in use, internet connection slow." I have tried a static connection, and when I connect, it does not work. My router is a dual-strand router, and has DHCP enabled. I have tried connecting to both the 5 GHz and the what I think is 2.4 GHz. Please help, I have been googling for hours and now it is happening on my galaxy tab S.
    02-05-2015 11:53 AM
    By the way, I am using android 4.4.2.
    (This is the same guy)
    02-05-2015 12:03 PM
    Are there any other wireless devices on the network? If so, are they experiencing any issues?
    02-05-2015 12:10 PM
    Are there any other wireless devices on the network? If so, are they experiencing any issues?

Yes, many other such as laptops and tv's, but only the s5 and the tab S are having trouble.
    02-05-2015 12:22 PM
    Have you tried resetting the power to the router (and/or the modem)? Typically when I see this happen, it's because the routing tables have become corrupted or obsolete, and recycling the power forces the router to eject then repopulate them. Mainly because most home routers are built on the cheap, and don't have much storage for very many routing tables. If corrupted or obsolete routing tables aren't discarded like they should be, then there's a chance that new tables aren't being populated when there's no more room. Resulting in limited or no new connections.
    Crashdamage likes this.
    02-05-2015 12:36 PM
    Have you tried resetting the power to the router (and/or the modem)? Typically when I see this happen, it's because the routing tables have become corrupted or obsolete, and recycling the power forces the router to eject then repopulate them. Mainly because most home routers are built on the cheap, and don't have much storage for very many routing tables. If corrupted or obsolete routing tables aren't discarded like they should be, then there's a chance that new tables aren't being populated when there's no more room. Resulting in limited or no new connections.
    I just finished rebooting the router, and no improvements... as for the quality of the router, I think it is pretty good, because we just got a new one.
    02-05-2015 02:06 PM