So I recently upgraded my phone to the newest OS, and just this afternoon when I got home from work and the phone connected to my home wifi, it started overheating when Google play services tried to update. I unplugged my phone from the charger, took of the case and turned the phone off for a few minutes. I thought that fixed it, but now every time I would turn it back on and it would connect to wifi, it would try to download that update and freeze again. Eventually it did it to a point where I couldn't even turn the phone off besides pulling out the battery. I went to the verizon store that I got it from, and it had no problems there, but I didn't realize at the moment that it was the wifi that was the issue. Once I turn wifi off, the phone works fine, albeit slow because it's now running on data. I don't know if there is any solution that involves not sending the phone back to Verizon, because I kind of need it. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks!
    02-05-2015 05:51 PM
    Try a Cache Partition wipe in Recovery.

Also, while you're about it, go to Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-05-2015 06:09 PM