Hi there. My at&t HTC One (M7) froze when I was trying to open the Skype app. I tried restarting it but it just entered a boot loop only reaching the white screen with the HTC logo and "powered by android" written at the bottom.

I am able to enter the bootloader and have attempted fastboot->reboot and fastboot->power down without any luck. I also tried factory resets, but nothing happens, except the one time where it showed the screen it should for fac reset (htc phone with a green logo), but was stuck on that screen for an hour. I tried again, but the screen is just black (but lit).

Please help me fix this! I'm a student who can't afford to buy another phone...
    02-05-2015 09:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! See if you can boot into Recovery and wipe the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6526
    htconem7 likes this.
    02-05-2015 10:30 PM
    Thanks for the message B. Diddy. I am the poster of the above question, and hadn't made an account when I first posted, which I have done now. I did what the link you shared said. However, whenever I select "Recovery" or "Factory Reset", all that happens is that the screen goes black (but still on, not dead as I noticed with the lights off). Any suggestions?
    02-05-2015 11:18 PM
    Thanks for the message B. Diddy. I am the poster of the above question, and hadn't made an account when I first posted, which I have done now. I did what the link you shared said. However, whenever I select "Recovery" or "Factory Reset", all that happens is that the screen goes black (but still on, not dead as I noticed with the lights off). Any suggestions?
    02-05-2015 11:26 PM
    Hmm, I'm afraid I don't have other suggestions. Is the phone rooted?

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    02-06-2015 10:01 AM
    No, it is not... Should I try rooting it? I'll be honest - I'm a noob at all this.
    02-06-2015 11:50 AM
    No, I was trying to figure out if the phone was rooted and running some custom ROM that might have been malfunctioning. You probably won't be able to root if you can't get out of the bootloop.
    02-06-2015 01:31 PM
    Nope - I was using whatever the phone came with (updated regularly). I am able to get out of the bootloop and into bootloader.
    02-06-2015 01:47 PM
    Is it possible to unlock the bootloader in the current state of my phone? Because all of the un-bricking methods out there rely on methods that only work with unlocked bootloaders, if I'm not mistaken
    02-06-2015 02:04 PM
    The phone really has to go on the bench for analysis, but I'm suspecting a NAND failure - which means a new motherboard. (And I hope all your important data is backed up - it should always be.)
    02-06-2015 03:14 PM
    Well, I have dropped my phone a fair bit, and never really bothered changing my charging wire when a "Slow Charging" notification popped up, which has been happening for months now. Does this still sound like a NAND failure?
    02-06-2015 04:52 PM
    I just have one question for the experts here - Is it possible for me to install any ROM whatsoever on a device with locked bootloader that can only be accessed by fastboot?
    02-07-2015 07:30 PM
    Major Update!!! My phone is showing some signs of life - I managed to unlock the bootloader and install custom recovery from TWRP. Should I try to install a custom rom now? Or see if re-installing the stock recovery does the trick!?
    02-07-2015 10:17 PM