tablets are cheaper than the ipad air but will this mess things up when they text should I stay with same kind
    02-06-2015 06:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your question. Are you asking about a specific Android device, and how it compares to the iPad? And if you can text between Android tablets and iPads?

Android devices range very widely in quality and performance. Really cheap ones from no-name companies are simply paperweights--don't buy one of those. High end ones (that are comparable in price to iPads) are typically very powerful and high quality. Whether they're better than iPads is a long discussion and to a large extent a matter of opinion and preference.

Texting between and Android tablet and an iPad can be difficult, especially if they're both wi-fi only. Android doesn't have iMessage (which is the main iOS instant messaging app), so an iMessage sent from a wi-fi only iPad wouldn't get to an Android tablet. If the iPad had Google Hangouts installed (which is Google's instant messaging app), then it would work. But most iOS enthusiasts prefer iMessage.
    02-06-2015 10:19 PM
    Which messaging app are you using?

If you text heavily on imessages then consider sticking to ipad,as imessages is an apple product. You can still text from an android via Google voice or similar, but it isn't compatible with imessages.

If you are on Verizon, you can use Verizon messaging app from the Android, same as on an ipad.

Sent from my SM-N900V
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-06-2015 10:28 PM