I have 3g but it dosen't work, it won't show up in the corner or work at all.
    How do i make it work???
    02-06-2015 09:49 AM
    Mobile Data on?

Try (Networks)- (More Networks) Mobile Networks - Network Mode, if its on GSM change it up.
    02-06-2015 10:20 AM
    I have 3g but it dosen't work, it won't show up in the corner or work at all.
    How do i make it work???
    would help to know your phone model
    02-06-2015 10:22 AM
    02-06-2015 02:52 PM
    02-06-2015 02:55 PM
    Mobile Data on?

Try (Networks)- (More Networks) Mobile Networks - Network Mode, if its on GSM change it up.
    It's on LTE/WCDMA/GSM. Dosen't work..
    02-06-2015 02:57 PM
    would help to know your phone model
    I have a Samsung galaxy s5, i updated my phone yesterday to Lollipop. It's my question upstairs but i didn't sign up then.
    02-06-2015 02:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. Thanks for registering.

I have a Samsung Note 3 with the now older Touchwiz, and I am not familiar with Lollipop yet. Others will help you better here.

So you have had no Mobile data since upgrading, only wifi. Nothing you do gets you connected. You say 3G but that may have a 3G carrier / network.

Bear in mind a full OS update like I discovered with KitKat resets or turns on a lot of Google settings like syncing that you may have opted out of previously, and it takes a few days for syncing and battery and data use to settle down.

You can / may have checked you have apn settings stil intact, they should be, in Mobile Networks - Access Point Names.
    You could look at About Device - Status and see you still have the carrier showing, but no reason not to be.

If you don't get more advice here (some people think I know what I'm doing )
    I would recommend trying two other areas on AC with this question, where experienced site ambassadors are more likely to pick it up quickly.

Android Central Community - Introductions (& General Help and How To); and also the Samsung S5 forum.

It's probably something simple that I can't think of right now, but put more information out if it's relevant.
    02-06-2015 04:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. Thanks for registering.

I have a Samsung Note 3 with the now older Touchwiz, and I am not familiar with Lollipop yet. Others will help you better here.

So you have had no Mobile data since upgrading, only wifi. Nothing you do gets you connected. You say 3G but that may have a 3G carrier / network.

Bear in mind a full OS update like I discovered with KitKat resets or turns on a lot of Google settings like syncing that you may have opted out of previously, and it takes a few days for syncing and battery and data use to settle down.

You can / may have checked you have apn settings stil intact, they should be, in Mobile Networks - Access Point Names.
    You could look at About Device - Status and see you still have the carrier showing, but no reason not to be.

If you don't get more advice here (some people think I know what I'm doing )
    I would recommend trying two other areas on AC with this question, where experienced site ambassadors are more likely to pick it up quickly.

Android Central Community - Introductions (& General Help and How To); and also the Samsung S5 forum.

It's probably something simple that I can't think of right now, but put more information out if it's relevant.
    Dosen't work... I hope it comes in a few days
    02-07-2015 03:25 AM
    If you have the apn settings installed, and it is showing as registered in Status - check Flight Mode is not on, Blocking Mode is not on, and check the Data usage graph to check if any data has got through since the update, by sliding the white left slider to the update date.

Also remove your sim for 20 - 30 minutes, re-install it and wait about 30 minutes to see if your carrier will recognize or re-send the apn settings.

Ultimately contact your carrier / network who are obliged to ensure you can receive data you paid for.
    02-07-2015 09:05 AM