How do I get 3g working?

A

AC Question

3g dosent work

I have 3g but it dosen't work, it won't show up in the corner or work at all.
How do i make it work???

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: 3g dosent work

Welcome to Android Central. Thanks for registering.

I have a Samsung Note 3 with the now older Touchwiz, and I am not familiar with Lollipop yet. Others will help you better here.

So you have had no Mobile data since upgrading, only wifi. Nothing you do gets you connected. You say 3G but that may have a 3G carrier / network.

Bear in mind a full OS update like I discovered with KitKat resets or turns on a lot of Google settings like syncing that you may have opted out of previously, and it takes a few days for syncing and battery and data use to settle down.

You can / may have checked you have apn settings stil intact, they should be, in Mobile Networks - Access Point Names.
You could look at About Device - Status and see you still have the carrier showing, but no reason not to be.

If you don't get more advice here (some people think I know what I'm doing )
I would recommend trying two other areas on AC with this question, where experienced site ambassadors are more likely to pick it up quickly.

Android Central Community - Introductions (& General Help and How To); and also the Samsung S5 forum.

It's probably something simple that I can't think of right now, but put more information out if it's relevant.

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central. Thanks for registering.

I have a Samsung Note 3 with the now older Touchwiz, and I am not familiar with Lollipop yet. Others will help you better here.

So you have had no Mobile data since upgrading, only wifi. Nothing you do gets you connected. You say 3G but that may have a 3G carrier / network.

Bear in mind a full OS update like I discovered with KitKat resets or turns on a lot of Google settings like syncing that you may have opted out of previously, and it takes a few days for syncing and battery and data use to settle down.

You can / may have checked you have apn settings stil intact, they should be, in Mobile Networks - Access Point Names.
You could look at About Device - Status and see you still have the carrier showing, but no reason not to be.

If you don't get more advice here (some people think I know what I'm doing )
I would recommend trying two other areas on AC with this question, where experienced site ambassadors are more likely to pick it up quickly.

Android Central Community - Introductions (& General Help and How To); and also the Samsung S5 forum.

It's probably something simple that I can't think of right now, but put more information out if it's relevant.

Dosen't work... :( I hope it comes in a few days

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If you have the apn settings installed, and it is showing as registered in Status - check Flight Mode is not on, Blocking Mode is not on, and check the Data usage graph to check if any data has got through since the update, by sliding the white left slider to the update date.

Also remove your sim for 20 - 30 minutes, re-install it and wait about 30 minutes to see if your carrier will recognize or re-send the apn settings.

Ultimately contact your carrier / network who are obliged to ensure you can receive data you paid for.