I am using a Bluetooth mouse on my Galaxy S5, the mouse does not orient properly in landscape mode. How can I get it to do so?

A

AC Question

using a bluetooth mouse on Galaxy S5. Mouse does not orient properly in landscape mode.

My Bluetooth mouse only works properly in portrait mode, i.e., when rotating Smartphone to landscape display, mouse control remains in portrait mode.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: using a bluetooth mouse on Galaxy S5. Mouse does not orient properly in landscape mode.

Think about it. Turn a desktop monitor on its side. How would you get the mouse to "orient properly"? You wouldn't - neither device (the desktop or the phone) is designed to have the mouse orient so that pushing it toward the front of the mouse goes up the screen when the screen is turned.

About all hou can do is turn the mouse sideways and use it that way.

NOFUNEVER

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Re: using a bluetooth mouse on Galaxy S5. Mouse does not orient properly in landscape mode.

Think about it. Turn a desktop monitor on its side. How would you get the mouse to "orient properly"? You wouldn't .

Except you would...by selecting the monitor in display settings and choosing "portrait" orientation.

Not only has reorienting the mouse/screen for sideways(portrait)monitors been a standard check box feature in every desktop OS for over 20 years it is a common practice in office environments, especially in the software developer world where the ability to see more lines of text at once is helpful. Furthermore, hybrid orientations have long been supported as well. I'm using a Portrait, landscape, Portrait setup with my 3 monitor set up. The mouse transitions seamlessly between them.

To make things worse, using an otg mouse in landscape mode was possible in android beta 0.9 on the HTC G1(first android phone). So not only has mouse orientation adjustable in the desktop world it was historically possible on android as well.
The only truth to this whole post is that there is no built in way to achieve this functionality at present in android.

Not only was your desktop analogy rude and dismissive, it was factually incorrect at every conceivable level. I normally don't approve of necroing threads but I also don't approve of liars. People who speak authoritatively about things they know nothing about the way you do are in fact lying. Intent is irrelevant a lie was still the outcome.

If the op ever comes across this keep an eye out, i'll probably making a little app some time in the future to sync mouse orientation with screen. My guess is it will require root to accomplish but hopefully it'll be better than nothing.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Except you would...by selecting the monitor in display settings and choosing "portrait" orientation.

Not only has reorienting the mouse/screen for sideways(portrait)monitors been a standard check box feature in every desktop OS for over 20 years it is a common practice in office environments, especially in the software developer world where the ability to see more lines of text at once is helpful. Furthermore, hybrid orientations have long been supported as well. I'm using a Portrait, landscape, Portrait setup with my 3 monitor set up. The mouse transitions seamlessly between them.

To make things worse, using an otg mouse in landscape mode was possible in android beta 0.9 on the HTC G1(first android phone). So not only has mouse orientation adjustable in the desktop world it was historically possible on android as well.
The only truth to this whole post is that there is no built in way to achieve this functionality at present in android.

Not only was your desktop analogy rude and dismissive, it was factually incorrect at every conceivable level. I normally don't approve of necroing threads but I also don't approve of liars. People who speak authoritatively about things they know nothing about the way you do are in fact lying. Intent is irrelevant a lie was still the outcome.

If the op ever comes across this keep an eye out, i'll probably making a little app some time in the future to sync mouse orientation with screen. My guess is it will require root to accomplish but hopefully it'll be better than nothing.

Pot meet kettle...

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The OP has definitely not come back to this thread, it was last posted in 4 years ago... until you revived it...
Makes you wonder what prompted Nofunever to hunt down this thread in the first place. It's one thing to tactfully correct misinformation on current threads, but it's doubtful anything constructive will result from that abrasive comment. Most of these anonymous asks never result in the OP coming back to continue the conversation, and the threads quickly get buried.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams