LG G3 has frozen during Android update - what can I do?

A

AC Question

I was prompted to update the software on my G3. The phone downloaded the file, rebooted and started to run through optimising my apps, as normal. It then froze while optimising app 166 of 225 (too many apps, I know...) and I can't power the phone down or anything.

My only apparent option is to remove the battery - although the message on the screen specifically says not to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've just successfully downloaded and installed that update and, as is usual, it stuck at certain points during the procedure. It didn't worry me as it has happened before and so far as I know is normal. But is yours still stuck?

Posted via the Android Central App

claretruss

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It froze for about two hours, and wouldn't respond to anything so in the absence of any other options I took a chance and removed the battery. Thankfully that seemed to work - the update continued from that point and appears to have completed without issue.

Haven't had this issue with previous updates so can't say whether or not it's normal, maybe just gremlins on this occation.

Thanks for the response though.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The one thing it tells you not to do, worked. That's interesting. Glad you've fixed.
Also, welcome as a new member. :)

Posted via the Android Central App