A few days ago, my Android DOPO tablet (I wouldn't be able to tell you the version at the moment, sorry) started sending me error messages about how "com.google.process.gapps" had stopped working. I went in and deleted some downloaded apps and stopped any unnecessary ones after the fifth message it sent me about this, and it was fine for a few days. About three days after that began, it started sending me other "Such and such has stopped" messages- ranging from game apps, social media apps, and several wigits like my calender and clock. These happened every five to ten minutes, no matter if I rebooted it. Two days after that, it kept sending me message after message about how many of my Google processes on the tablet had stopped, even a few main core ones, if I'm thinking of the right ones. These I kept getting every few seconds to minutes, and they'd stack on top of themselves- so every time I tapped "Okay" on one, there were about four or five others underneath reading the same thing about that process or others.
    This morning I decided to reboot it again after putting it on the charger and see if that would help any. I had to leave the house after it started booting up, so it sat for a good three hours on the "Go" bootup screen. I am able to force restart it, but it never gets past that second bootup screen on each restart.
    I've had it since September of last year, so it's still fairly new. I've been trying to be as careful as I could with it, checking all my apps online thoroughly before downloading them, 'cause that's screwed me over in the past. The only thing I thought at first that might've caused this was that it randomly downloaded the "Avast" security system about a month ago without me telling it to, but the online reviews say that its trustworthy.
    Unless me trying to fix it how I did or waiting so long to try and do something messed it up, so in that sense, the blame is truly all on me.
    I'm going to let the battery die and then just leave it alone as it recharges to see if it does any help to it, but if anyone has any feedback or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
    02-06-2015 05:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This will be very difficult to solve, since you've already done a number of things that may or may not have contributed. Plus, it's always suspicious if a device "randomly" installs any app, even if it's something that's well-respected like Avast.

Overall, it sounds like the firmware is glitchy (which is not uncommon with budget/off-brand devices). I would try would be a full factory reset, if possible. Many devices have a certain button combination press that you can perform in a powered off state that will bring up the Recovery Menu, which allows you to factory reset the device without having to boot it up completely. But looking at the documentation of one model of Dopo, it looks like yours might have a pinhole reset button: http://www.doublepowertech.com/download/m975manual.pdf. It's not clear if the reset from that button is only a restart (which doesn't wipe the tablet) or a true factory data reset. My guess is that it's a simple restart, but there might still be some button combination that gets you to a Recovery Menu.
    02-06-2015 09:49 PM
    Plus, it's always suspicious if a device "randomly" installs any app, even if it's something that's well-respected like Avast.
    That's assuming it was Avast, not some virus calling itself Avast. I've had Avast in my phones for a long time and I had to manually install every one. I usually set it to let me know about updates, but not automatically install them, but even that would be an update, not Aast itself - and the OP would know that he had installed Avast.

A fresh ROM flash would probably fix everything as long as there's no hardware problem. (And assuming there's one available for that device.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-06-2015 10:32 PM