Why won't my phone turn back on (Samsung S3)?

A

AC Question

Phone Wont Turn Back On (Samsung S3)

Last year my phone broke and started to glitch out when I pushed the home button. The screen was broken so Igot the screen replaced because I thought that might be the issue and it started working just fine again. A month or less later my phone randomly started resetting on me, my phone would heat up really hot when I was playing games I might have let it get to hot or something I'm not sure. But it decided it wouldn't turn back on one day. Would this be a battery problem or a phone problem? The battery looks swelled a little but I am not sure. Any idea how I could fix this? I don't have warranty.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone Wont Turn Back On (Samsung S3)

A swollen battery is bad. In that condition, remove it from the phone....it could do damage, and may have done already.

Posted via the Android Central App

dirisux

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone Wont Turn Back On (Samsung S3)

Last year my phone broke and started to glitch out when I pushed the home button. The screen was broken so Igot the screen replaced because I thought that might be the issue and it started working just fine again. A month or less later my phone randomly started resetting on me, my phone would heat up really hot when I was playing games I might have let it get to hot or something I'm not sure. But it decided it wouldn't turn back on one day. Would this be a battery problem or a phone problem? The battery looks swelled a little but I am not sure. Any idea how I could fix this? I don't have warranty.

start by changing the battery and lets see if it come. There are a number of reasons why you phone could be overheating
too many heavy apps
damaged battery
screen brightness
buggy ROM
and the list goes on
You might wanna checkout this piece on how to fix an overheating Android phone to get more insight into this problem