Why isn't the mobile volume control buttons on my earphones working?

A

AC Question

in my mobile volume control buttons in my earphones are not working.

Samsung galaxy s3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: in my mobile volume control buttons in my earphones are not working.

If it's the ones in your earphones themselves, it's probably because the earphones probably aren't designed for the buttons to work with Samsung phones. (There's no universal way those buttons work - every manufacturer does it differently. Samsung even does it at least 2 different ways that I'm aware of, one for headphones that plug into the 3.5mm jack and one for headphones that plug into the charging port.)

shortwave8669

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: in my mobile volume control buttons in my earphones are not working.

If it's the ones in your earphones themselves, it's probably because the earphones probably aren't designed for the buttons to work with Samsung phones. (There's no universal way those buttons work - every manufacturer does it differently. Samsung even does it at least 2 different ways that I'm aware of, one for headphones that plug into the 3.5mm jack and one for headphones that plug into the charging port.)

Slightly off-topic

Samsung owners looking for a wired headset with mic and working vol+/- should look to the Amazon Premium Headphones. They are priced less than $20

The APH were made for the Amazon Fire Phone and Kindle Fire tablets but work on my Note3 perfectly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad