Guys, I just bought Baidu 2s+ TV box. It shows me model number B-202. Unfortunately, it's default language is chinese. I managed change the language to English but only setting's menu changed to English and rest of all options are in Chinese.

I am struggling to install any android app. I want to install google playstore. Btw, I tried to copy .apk files to flash drive and inserted flash drive into the TV box. It detects the flash drive but does not show any apk

Can you please help to guide? Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks,

Regards,
    Naveed
    02-07-2015 01:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Like many direct-from-China devices, that device is presumably not certified for Google Play, since it didn't come with it preinstalled. So you're limited to other app sources like Amazon Appstore (which might still not be compatible), GetJar, SlideMe, and a few others. Chances are there's some poor quality Chinese app store that the device is preloaded with.

We would not encourage looking for apk files, because filesharing sites that offer them are good places to get malware, and quite a few of those apks may be pirated as well.
    02-07-2015 09:37 PM
    Dear,

Your help is appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Does it mean I cannot use this Baidu box anymore? I cannot read chinese and willing to install google apps and use english language on this box. Is there anyway I can get out of this problem? Otherwise, this box is waste for me

Thanks & Regards,
    Naveed
    02-08-2015 02:55 AM
    Might be hard to get rid of the Chinese in the system apps, because that's probably firmware dependent. Know anyone who can read Chinese?

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
    02-08-2015 07:26 AM
    My S6 is from China, as I'm living there at the moment, and Google is not installed by default, so I presume all devices for the Chinese market are the same.

Maybe the seller can help you. After all, they should know what they are selling and how it works.

Just saw on ebay a seller recommending Kodi to be installed on it.
    08-16-2015 11:12 PM
    EBay seller's page.
    Attached Thumbnails Can I get some help installing Apps on Baidu 2s+ Smart TV Box ?-1439786187927.jpg  
    08-16-2015 11:37 PM