Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4 won't turn on. What can I do to get to reboot?

A

AC Question

3 I have had my Samsung Galaxy pro 8.4 pro since Christmas 2014. I have used it only for a couple of weeks. It was working fine with no problems until 2 days ago. It worked in the morning and when I went to use it that night it was "off" when I didn't turn it off. It was fully charged. I thought maybe being in a cold car trunk the battery depleted. I charged it all night and saw NO light, NO battery status indicator, nothing. I have tried many times to turn on. Held the on/off rocker down for 2 minutes and it won't turn on. Tried charging again. Won't turn on. VERY frustrated. I've had it for over 30 days so can't return to store.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This happened to my wife's refurbished Tab Pro 8.4--after about a month, it just didn't turn on. Had to send it back to Samsung for warranty repair--they replaced the motherboard, I think. Works fine now, but hoping that it doesn't happen again.

Your device must still be under warranty, regardless of whether it's new or refurbished. Contact Samsung and initiate a warranty repair.

Urbngss

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I am praying that I can exchange the Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4, as I don't want a refurbished anything. I have used the device for 2-3 weeks. If not, I will contact Samsung. I know one thing, it will really make me mad if they say they will refurbish this one instead or replacing it since I have only had it for such a short while... :-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Look at it this way: your brand new device totally failed. So replacing it with another brand new device doesn't guarantee that it won't fail again. Who knows, maybe this is some known problem for Samsung that is corrected by replacing the motherboard with a more reliable one.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.