My Moto E is only about 2 weeks old, and its very well taken care of. This morning it died, so I decided to charge it, like no big deal. Whats weird is, as soon as I unplugged it, it still said it was charging. I have had it plugged in for about an hour and it only shows it at 0% power still. I am using the wall plug that came with it, and I have tested it on other devices that have successfully charged with it. My brother says his does the same thing and still works, but this is the first time it has happened to me, and my phone has died at least three times this week.
    02-08-2015 12:46 PM
    Welcome to the forums.🙋

Do you mean that you are allowing the battery to discharge fully before recharging? That is bad practice....it is best to recharge when the battery is no lower than 40-50%.
    If you have used the charger and USB lead successfully with another phone, the fault may lie with the phone's USB port, battery, or somewhere else internally. Check that the USB port is clean and undamaged. If all seems well, return the phone under the terms of the warranty....which you have paid for, remember.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-08-2015 02:32 PM
    In addition to what Belodion said, the first hour or so of charging an almost totally discharged lithium battery (you can't discharge it to 0% internally - it disconnects from its terminals before that happens, because the best that charging a fully discharged lithium battery will do is start a fire - the worst is an explosion), will give you less that 1.2 of 1% charge. Leave it plugged in at least overnight before checking it.

If it still isn't working it's still under warranty, so have it exchanged. 5 minutes is about the longest time you should take to fix a phone you can get replaced.
    02-08-2015 06:26 PM
    My Moto E is only about 2 weeks old, and its very well taken care of. This morning it died, so I decided to charge it, like no big deal. Whats weird is, as soon as I unplugged it, it still said it was charging. I have had it plugged in for about an hour and it only shows it at 0% power still. I am using the wall plug that came with it, and I have tested it on other devices that have successfully charged with it. My brother says his does the same thing and still works, but this is the first time it has happened to me, and my phone has died at least three times this week.
    havr you tried a factory reset? just might be a cache or batterystats.bin error. read how to fix an Android phone that doesn’t charge (or discharges) when connected to a power source for more insight
    02-08-2015 07:24 PM