How do I format my phone (Samsung Galaxy Grand 2)?

Haroon2015

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Haroon Mahmood - Need Suggestions How To Format My Phone(Samsung Galaxy Grand 2)

Hi,
I am Haroon Mahmood. I am new to this forum. I am facing some problem while playing few games like candy crush, my phone getting hanged. I want to format my phone. Please, let me know to format my phone.
Thanks & Regards
Haroon Mahmood

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Haroon Mahmood - Need Suggestions How To Format My Phone(Samsung Galaxy Grand 2)

Hello Haroon, welcome to AC.🙋

Before going any further, could I ask you to clarify something....do you mean Format, or Factory Reset?
If I seem to doubt that you have used the correct term, please forgive me, but as I understand it, there is a substantial difference between the two things.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haroon2015

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Haroon Mahmood - Need Suggestions How To Format My Phone(Samsung Galaxy Grand 2)

Hello Belodion,
I am sorry for using the wrong term, actually I want to reset my phone because my phone is getting hanged while playing games like Candy Crush. Please let me know to reset my phone( Samsung Galaxy Grand 2).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay. I'm not sure, from your description, that it would be necessary to Factory Reset. First, try:

1) Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache.

2) Wipe the Cache Partition. The method of doing that is described in the following link:
http://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-...clear-cache-boot-safe-mode.html#axzz3QjItuUbF
If those procedures don't fix your problem, you may indeed wish to consider a Factory Reset (sometimes called Master Reset), which is also described in the link above. But it is drastic.

Read also this guide by VW Maverick:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-factory-data-reset-your-android-device.html

....And this one by Paul627g:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/324662-guide-sms-backup-restore.html

If you have any doubts or problems, let us know. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Haroon2015

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

Hello Belodion,
Thanks for your kind response. I hope that these steps will help me to get rid of this problem.
Haroon Mahmood

millemma

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi Haroon Mahmood,
I think you want to master reset your phone instead of formatting your phone. To master reset your phone follow the given below steps:

Reset Via Setting

• On the Settings screen, touch Backup & reset > Factory data reset.
  • When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. The mobile phone resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts

Hard Reset

• Switch off your device.
  • When your phone is switched off, press together Volume Up + Home button + Power button.
  • If you see the menu in your screen, choose with Volume buttons "wipe data/factory reset" and select with Power button.
  • Next confirm the operation by Power button.
  • Then in the menu select reboot.
  • Now wait until phone restarts.

Reset Via Master key

• Start by turning your device on, to do it press Power button.
  • Then dialling screen of your device type this code in dialer: *2767*3855#
  • Next on confirm whole Factory reset process by tapping Call key again.
  • Now your phone should reboot.

Thanks,
Emma Miller

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome