Apps won't load on WiFi

Hana_H

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I have HTC One M8 and it's amazing... But recently there are some apps like 9gag,Imdb that don't load when I'm home using WiFi, but work fine when on mobile data... Does anyone know the reason? I tried cleaning the cache of both of them but didn't work :/ Please help
Many thanks xxx

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't load at all, or seem to be waiting for the next century?

There's something going on with TKIP encryption between routers and Android. If you're using TKIP or TKIP+AES, the connection can make a dialup connection seem fast. (15 minutes to load a small Facebook video, for example.) Make sure your router is using AES encryption. (If it works with a public wifi hotspot - which doesn't use encryption - that's almost definitely the problem.)

In rare cases (it seems the more expensive the router is, the worse the problem is) you'll have to buy another router. (My expensive Linksys has the problem, even with AES, since 4.4.2, and Linksys couldn't care less. The Netgear N300 I bought for $40 works fine, and with full speed - with AES only.)

Hana_H

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do they work on other wi-fi networks? Have you already tried rebooting your router?

Yes I tried other networks, and the apps worked perfectly... And I called the network company,they told me that nothing is wrong with the connection... And I tried rebooting the router, still not working..
Apps like 9gag,Imdb, 4shared

Hana_H

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Don't load at all, or seem to be waiting for the next century?

There's something going on with TKIP encryption between routers and Android. If you're using TKIP or TKIP+AES, the connection can make a dialup connection seem fast. (15 minutes to load a small Facebook video, for example.) Make sure your router is using AES encryption. (If it works with a public wifi hotspot - which doesn't use encryption - that's almost definitely the problem.)

In rare cases (it seems the more expensive the router is, the worse the problem is) you'll have to buy another router. (My expensive Linksys has the problem, even with AES, since 4.4.2, and Linksys couldn't care less. The Netgear N300 I bought for $40 works fine, and with full speed - with AES only.)

Won't load at all.. For example 9gag application won't load (as seen in the attached photo).. Imdb the same... But Facebook, works fine... I'll check the router settings as you recommended... And it's a private home network.

Attachments

• 11093.jpg
    11093.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9

Andrew Johnson8

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If you're using TKIP or TKIP+AES, the connection can make a dialup connection seem fast. (15 minutes to load a small Facebook video, for example.) Make sure your router is using AES encryption. (If it works with a public wifi hotspot - which doesn't use encryption - that's almost definitely the problem.)

I thought i'd tried everything....This worked! Thank you!

theone95

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody,
I have HTC One M8 and it's amazing... But recently there are some apps like 9gag,Imdb that don't load when I'm home using WiFi, but work fine when on mobile data... Does anyone know the reason? I tried cleaning the cache of both of them but didn't work :/ Please help
Many thanks xxx

Had this issue and solved it in a weird way.
Remove my Sim card and inserted it again but for some reason it started working fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20