I installed the Lollipop update on my HTC One M7 and I wasn't too pleased with it. The radio app that came with the phone is now gone. The notifications menu is much bigger than it was on KitKat. My biggest issue is that I now realize I didn't need to install it (silly me) and KitKat was working just fine before. I know that at some point, I might have to place Lollipop there, but knowing what I do now, I wouldn't have installed it. Is there any way for me to go back to KitKat?
    02-09-2015 09:59 PM
    There's no "back" to go to - there's no KitKat in the phone. You'll have to find a 4.4.4 ROM for that phone/country/carrier and flash it. (Back up all your data first - flashing a ROM will wipe everything out.)
    02-10-2015 12:00 AM
    I installed the Lollipop update on my HTC One M7 and I wasn't too pleased with it. The radio app that came with the phone is now gone. The notifications menu is much bigger than it was on KitKat. My biggest issue is that I now realize I didn't need to install it (silly me) and KitKat was working just fine before. I know that at some point, I might have to place Lollipop there, but knowing what I do now, I wouldn't have installed it. Is there any way for me to go back to KitKat?
    If I remember correctly, once you update to a newer OS, it also updates the firmware, hboot, etc, so can't go back even if you flash an RUU. You'll have to unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, (get s-off if possible), and flash a 4.4 ROM.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.
    02-10-2015 12:44 AM