How can I uninstall Lollipop from my HTC One M7?

A

AC Question

Uninstall Lollipop from HTC One M7

I installed the Lollipop update on my HTC One M7 and I wasn't too pleased with it. The radio app that came with the phone is now gone. The notifications menu is much bigger than it was on KitKat. My biggest issue is that I now realize I didn't need to install it (silly me) and KitKat was working just fine before. I know that at some point, I might have to place Lollipop there, but knowing what I do now, I wouldn't have installed it. Is there any way for me to go back to KitKat?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Uninstall Lollipop from HTC One M7

There's no "back" to go to - there's no KitKat in the phone. You'll have to find a 4.4.4 ROM for that phone/country/carrier and flash it. (Back up all your data first - flashing a ROM will wipe everything out.)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Uninstall Lollipop from HTC One M7

I installed the Lollipop update on my HTC One M7 and I wasn't too pleased with it. The radio app that came with the phone is now gone. The notifications menu is much bigger than it was on KitKat. My biggest issue is that I now realize I didn't need to install it (silly me) and KitKat was working just fine before. I know that at some point, I might have to place Lollipop there, but knowing what I do now, I wouldn't have installed it. Is there any way for me to go back to KitKat?
If I remember correctly, once you update to a newer OS, it also updates the firmware, hboot, etc, so can't go back even if you flash an RUU. You'll have to unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, (get s-off if possible), and flash a 4.4 ROM.

Sent from my splendid Note 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz