Why is my Bluetooth randomly disconnecting from my car on my HTC One M7 (Lollipop)?

Marvin-13

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
HTC One m7 Lollipop, bluetooth issues

Hello! I recently update my Sprint HTC One m7 to Lollipop a few days ago and ever since then when i connect it to my car through bluetooth it will randomly disconnect and reconnect about every minute or so.

I have tried rebooting multiple times, turned off NFC, GPS, and Wi-Fi to test it out, turned bluetooth on and off on both my phone and car, disconnected all devices from both the car and phone and reconnected them.

Yesterday I chatted with HTC support online and was told to wipe the cache partition, which helped but for that day only, but the problem returned this morning. I am currently chatting with them right now and they told me to put the phone in safe mode and try it out, but I use pandora and spotify for music so I have no way to test it in safe mode.

They then suggested a factory reset, but I am NOT doing a factory reset, because I have done it about 928,839,592,059,190,503,039 times with this phone.

Is there anything at all you guys can think of that might fix the problem? I used it literally the day before I updated to Lollipop and it was working properly.

Thank you for your help!

dr_scrlk

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone.

I also got the problem after upgrade to lollipop.
I don't connect to my car, but my stereo bluetooth in-ear.
It drops connection about every 2 to 3 minutes in a fraction of a second, and reconnect.
It's annoying to listen mp3 books or music, since you always got an short silence/glitch sound when it occur.

fix is needed, pleas.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I have this same issue. I have this mainly from the PowerAmp app when streaming music to my car. I found that in the PowerAmp Settings if you go into Lock Screen and have under the menu Poweramp Lock Screen 'enable lock screen', the bluetooth will cut out as soon as you switch to the lock screen. But if you uncheck this and only have 'Enable Android Lock Screen' (under the top menu of Android Lock Screen), the bluetooth cut out issue will disappear.

ApolloMC

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC One m7 Lollipop, bluetooth issues

Got the Lollipop update 2 weeks ago on Verizon. Same issue as the OP and everyone else. Bluetooth now continuously disconnects in my car, a Volkswagen GTI. I performed a factory reset 2 days ago and it's still happening. Amazing. There is always some major issue with this phone. For the last 6 months I had the "distant voice" issue caused by the noise cancelling mic. Lollipop resolved that, but now I have this problem. Maybe it's time I move away from HTC.

szfq93

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been having the same problem. Yet my wife, who has the same phone as I (and we got them at the same time) is not having this problem.

Scenario:
  • HTC One M7 (Verizon) with Lollipop
  • establish Bluetooth connection with 2012 Toyota Camry with Entune.
  • RESULT: connect is established but then drops/reconnects . When it drops, it comes back just a second or two later. But, that's enough to impair a telephone conversation that's piped through Entune. It does this frequently, dropping and reconnecting every few seconds.

The same scenario, with my wife's HTC One M7 (Verizon) with Lollipop, works!

ApolloMC

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I spoke with an HTC support rep who suggested I try wiping the cache partition. It was an easy / painless process with no ill effects. It is different from a factory reset if you're wondering, and does not clear any of your data (music, photos, etc...). However, I haven't had a chance to fully test the bluetooth connectivity yet, so this may or may not actually fix the problem. But here are the steps if anyone wants to try it.

1) Power off phone completely
2) Once off, press and hold volume down, and while continuing to hold volume down, press the power button until you see a white screen with 3 androids on the bottom
3) Use the volume button to highlight "Recovery" and select it with the power button
4) After a minute, it will bring you to the Recovery screen with blue and yellow writing
5) When on the Recovery menu, use the volume button to scroll down and highlight "wipe cache partition" and select it with the power button.
6) Once the cache wipe is complete, the option for "Reboot System Now" will be highlighted automatically. Select it with the power button.
7) Cache is now wiped and the phone should boot up normally.

katieelva

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC One m7 Lollipop, bluetooth issues

After troubleshooting with HTC and even factory restarting my phone (which worked for only about a month) - I have discovered a solution that worked for me. I have an HTC One M7 and my car is a 2013 Honda Civic. I un-paired everything from my car and phone. Then when I re-paired the phone asks you if the Handsfree Link device can have access to your messages, phonebook, call logs, etc - HIT NO. Then it asks a very similar question asking for access to whatever - HIT NO. I haven't had a problem with the disconnect and reconnect yet, and I can make calls and listen to music flawlessly. My theory is when the phone is trying to send over the phonebook and call logs and whatever, that's what causes the disconnect and reconnect. It's worth a try - it worked for me. Good luck!

Holger LaPaix

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been searching for this solution since half a year!
Exactly the same: Audi/VW/Skoda Bluetooth Equipment from 2012 disconnected every few minutes for just a second.
I deactivated the contact access - and now the connection is abstolutely stable!
THANK YOU! :)

ApolloMC

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have finally tested the Bluetooth connection enough to determine that the solution I posted earlier does in fact work. That is, resetting the cache partition as instructed by a Verizon support representative. I have now driven around enough and listened to enough Bluetooth audio to be sure the problem is fixed. And I did not have to disable the contact sync.

gmgj

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 6, Lolipop, 2012 Honda CRV. Ihave though I have fixed this numerous times. Then it comes back. I have tried this:

Changed Honda password to something other than 00
Phone-Bluetooth on, car on, Phone Settings,Security,Smart Lock, Trusted Devices, add HandFreeLink
Phone Settings, Bluetooth, HandsFreeLink hit setting icon next to it, turn off media

I do not get the option to share/not share when I connect. I think this is a big deal. Handsfree driving is one reason I want a smartphone

ApolloMC

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Try contacting Verizon support. I was not sure they would be able to help me, but they did. Resetting the cache partition did the trick. Apparently it can get screwed up after upgrades to new Android versions. I posted instructions on how to reset the partition for the HTC One M7. It very well may be different for your Nexus though. I would google it or contact Verizon support.

dr_scrlk

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

Update.

I replaced my old Sony MW-600 with a new Sony SBH20 Bluetooth-handsfree.
Now my problems are gone :)
I don't get random dropping anymore.

I has tried all the solution mentioned in this tread, but I still got the dropping when I used the Sony MW-600.
What I don't understand is why my Sony MW-600 worked flawless when I had android 4.4.2 and got problem with 5.0.2.

I can only speculate that some of the Bluetooth drivers in 5.0.2, has some minor issues with older Bluetooth standards/hardware to create this behavior.

If this will work for other, i don't know. But it worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2