I did the install and my Moto X 2nd gen got locked in a cycle apparently caused by the reboot command being lost. The phone would not reboot. After hours on the phone with Verizon then Motorola I was issued a new phone. They said I had a root problem on the phone although I had no problems prior to attempting the install. On the replacement Moto X I'm now getting the same System Update message. I'm gun shy of attempting again.
    02-10-2015 12:28 PM
    I did the install and my Moto X 2nd gen got locked in a cycle apparently caused by the reboot command being lost. The phone would not reboot. After hours on the phone with Verizon then Motorola I was issued a new phone. They said I had a root problem on the phone although I had no problems prior to attempting the install. On the replacement Moto X I'm now getting the same System Update message. I'm gun shy of attempting again.
    You should be fine. Just make sure the device is fully charged (connected to a power source preferably) before updating. If you encounter the bootloop you will need to factory reset through recovery. Be sure to backup your data and sync accounts before accepting the update.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    02-10-2015 01:29 PM