Why do I not get service anywhere?

A

AC Question

I have a Motorola Droid X2 through Verizon Wireless and whenever I get to areas that should have cell service (I had a verizon phone before, and got service in those areas) but I don't, and nothing I try works to fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you spoken to Verizon about this? Is the phone in a case? Certain cases (usually those made from metal) can interfere with signal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The X2 is one of the older Verizon phones that has a CDMA radio only (i.e., 3G only, no 4G LTE). That's why it doesn't have a SIM card--SIMs are for the GSM radio that's used for LTE.

There might be an issue with the phone's antenna. Is its reception generally poor, or just in those areas?

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't get any reception anywhere. Like I could make the 2.5 hour drive to St. Louis, MO and get no reception there. I talked with a tech guy for Verizon, and he didn't even respond, all he did was disconnect the chat when I told him about it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, great customer service. :(

Try bringing it in directly to a Verizon store. They can't hang up on you there.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, didn't realize it was so far to the nearest store. Did you try contacting Verizon by phone or chat again? They can't keep disconnecting you. Once is a "mistake." More than once is a reason to write to the CEO and give him the what for.

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have to go to Farmington, MO to go to the walmart supercenter, which is right across the street from my army training location. I'm unsure where the verizon store is there, but I know there's one there. I have the address but Google Maps points me to a burger king. Any help with that one? But I'll try recontacting right now

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Haha I heard now. But yeah, I get the same thing, and when I go into street view on the sattelite overlay, it's a burger king right there. -_- That's what is annoying me the most, there isn't a visible verizon store within 500 feet radius of the point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21