Hello Everyone!

I am new hear, though I have been taking the good advice found on these forums.
    I always read them before doing any upgrades, and so I have not stepped in any Lolidoo yet. Based on everything I have read so far, I would be very happy to stay with the latest version of Kit Kat. Earlier when I received the first notification to upgrade, Verizon gave me 3 choices, those being "No Thank you", which I selected, and "Install later", and "Install now". That was yesterday. Today Verizon is now only 2 choices, being "Install later", or "Install now". So as a consumer I now longer have the choice to remain content with Kit Kat, and will seemingly be forced to trash my phone as has happened to many others. What, if anything, can be done to defeat this upgrade attack? Thanks in advance for any help! Chris
    02-10-2015 08:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! From what I can find on the web, you'd have to root the phone, then use Titanium Backup (or some other app that allows you to freeze system apps) and freeze SDM 1.0 in the /system/app/ directory. [HOW TO] [GUIDE] [Q&A] - Verizon Samsun… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5 | XDA Forums
    02-11-2015 01:01 AM