My phone says that I have a new message when I really don't. Why?

A

AC Question

Yesterday I received a message. I read it and deleted it. Now in my notifications bar, it says that the message is still there. It is not in the list of messages. But when you click it in the notifications bar, it opens to a blank message and it says "You have entered an invalid address. Please correct recipients......" I tried hitting Discard, nothing happened. I tried filling in the recipient and the text boxes and sending it. It sent to the person, but then the original message was in the notifications.. I even tried restarting the phone several times. No matter what I do, it does not go away. How do I fix this without having to do something that would delete everything or all my messages?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The last time I saw this the answer was to uninstall the app and install it again, but that was awhile ago. Here are some things you can try before that... Clear the cache and restart. Install a 3rd party app make it your default then switch back. If your stock you can uninstall the updates and then install them again, of course if you're stock you won't be able to uninstall the app so this would be your option instead.

On a side note, you would only delete messages if you choose to or delete them from the stock app.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood