Why is the music I am downloading being opened with HTMLviewer?

A

AC Question

This started to happen just a few days ago when I was downloading some music from an app when I went to go in my music player I usually see it in my recently downloaded playlist but it wasnt there. At first I didnt find it to be unusual because sometimes my phone doesnt support that file, but it wasnt there at all. So I tried to download the same song on a different app but it didnt show up either, so I tried another app (and this one displays when its downloaded at the top of my screen) and when I clicked on it HTMLViewer poped up with the words naf-naf. I have no idea what this means and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall my apps but it keeps happening and I'm not sure how to fix it.

bubby93

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem with the exact same music app I've used this app for ages now and about 2 weeks ago i went to download a song and it opened in HTMLViewer and came up as naf-naf aswell. Its so frustrating ive changed my settings to default and it does not ask me which file i want it saved in but it still says it is being saved into my music folder than when i tap on it to open it, it just goes into that stupid HTMLViewer...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have to ask what the file types of the files being loaded into HTMLviewer are. If they're something.mp3 files (in the file name, not in what the site said you were downloading), there's a problem. If they're something.htm or something.html, what you downloaded was a web page, not the music it claimed to be, so it's going to open in whatever the default app for htm or html files is. (The available apps are based on the file type in the name of the file, not on the content of the file. Whether that app can actually do something with the file depends on what's in it, not its name.

But naf-naf? That sounds like rickrolling with audio.

skylarkangel18

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 and I'm having the same issue. I originally thought it was due to space on my phone so I deleted some music and then I realized the player was broken and now I have few songs on my phone. It says naf- naf. Is there any fix for it cus it wud be very nice if there were :3

Santiago Munoz1

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Note 2. But I suddenly got it to work. I disabled my google play music, then turned it back on. Then force stopped the music lab app, then uninstalled the music lab app THEN just downloaded a new music app. Hope it works for you guys

Tori Willis

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
How I fixed my problem
1. Go to you pre installed my files app
2. Click on downloads file
3. Select all your music files
4. Click moves button at the top
5. Click on music folder
6. Click move files DO NOT CLICK CREATE NEW FOLDER
And viola. Problem solved

David Harlaar

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, I use a different music player than the stock Google Play Music, so I had it disabled. I enabled it once again, and the mp3s started working. Hope this helps for you. To enable it, go to application manager under the disabled column, find Google Play Music and enable it. Cheers

B.diddy this works !! I did it and the HTML file doestn show up after downloading. Now i open google play musics and it works!! I hope as many people as possible read this.

And for the people who want a good download site : tubidi.mobi :) cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci